Homy Help?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've a comfy 89 homy that I'm doing some work on, drives like an absolute dream on wmo+gas as an alternative. Motor is td27 (plan to go turbo :twisted: ) bt a turbo isn't any good lest the engine runs. There was a fire in the fusebox and i see a lot of "bridged fuses" especially in that little pocket the battery is kept.

I request a pic of a homy/terrano fusebox diagram (same fusebox on td27s?) and the fusebox so I can get mine up to spec again and a little help understanding some loose wires I see in the engine bay, one looks like a diagnostic (OBD1) connection, the other looks like a tdc sensor from the front of the engine (is this connected to the injector pump for bdc/tdc reference?)

I love my Homy, when all 2.7 tons goes flying off all 4 wheels its like driving liebestraum with a loud diesel engine, mostly electrical troubles though fuses and relays that the last owner was just too cheap to change so he bridged the connections instead of fixing the root electrical problem, hence the rass I am having now, any help extended will be greatly appreciated. Domo 8)

You can download the Navara manual here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m30x88tkl4pszdg/D22 manual.zip?dl=0
Then open the SM7E section and go to "el" and you'll find the wiring diagrams. We didn't get the homy version but the wiring should be similar.

Thnx, I see wiring diagrams but i need a pic of the fusebox readout (the thing on the fusebox cover) to show me what amperage fuse i need where, the navara's might be different, this is a plain mechanical td27 so there's no ECM so all the stuff has to work together for it to run properly, I even saw what look like an incorrectly wired injector pump (idek)

Thnx, I see wiring diagrams but i need a pic of the fusebox readout (the thing on the fusebox cover) to show me what amperage fuse i need where, the navara's might be different, this is a plain mechanical td27 so there's no ECM so all the stuff has to work together for it to run properly, I even saw what look like an incorrectly wired injector pump (idek)
You can use other fuses be it 10,15,20, it all depends on the load that needs the fuse to trip in a short. If the previous owner bridged the contacts rather than seek the fault I'm glad the bus is still here. The TD27 just goes forever, no chains ect mine that you see in the avatar did 520k in 10 years. Change your oil every 5k, despite the fact oil has improved do it and it will keep going. Never seen a van on this forum,but I've unloaded many trucks with a TD27 powered forklift.

You can use other fuses be it 10,15,20, it all depends on the load that needs the fuse to trip in a short. If the previous owner bridged the contacts rather than seek the fault I'm glad the bus is still here. The TD27 just goes forever, no chains ect mine that you see in the avatar did 520k in 10 years. Change your oil every 5k, despite the fact oil has improved do it and it will keep going. Never seen a van on this forum,but I've unloaded many trucks with a TD27 powered forklift.

mmmhm, epic engine, dakkar rally finishing engine oil isn't an issue just the electrical :deadhorse2:

Latest posts

Back