I also am in need of help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway man

Reaction score
Morning all,
I am also looking for some help with a Three Hour Job and can pay Three Hundred
Dollars for your time, I have popped the Top Gasket on my VE Diesel Pump and
our Local Dealer has informed me the pump dose not have to be removed from
the Motor!

I live in Hillman, which is between "Kwinana and Rockingham", once I could have done this with no trouble at all, but at 74 years old and Three Strokes I have
little close-up sight and shaking hands, and therefore must ask for and, gladly pay for help, so, Hands up anyone who wants to earn some "Beer Money" I certainly cannot afford Dealers Fees!
Fingers Crossed,
PH:-95284903
Ask for John and/or, Catherine might answer the phone as well!

Hey John. If you can't find anyone, I,m happy to come over and help swing spanners.

I am not a trained mechanic, but i've done plenty of work on them. If you know what you're doing then I am sure we'll get by.

Im in Melville, so not that far from you.

Send me a PM and we'll work something out if you don't have anyone already.

Paul.

Likewise John. I am in Byford and am on my days off at the moment. Even if you have someone lined up I don't mind popping in and meeting some of the crew. $300 is way too much beer mate. A six pack of James Squire 150 lashes would do me🍺

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

good on ya black outlaw, i was thinking the same thing but i live on the other side of the country.

Your on

"Boogieboots" and "Black_Outlaw"
Wednesday 8th June when you arrive, as for you "Doug696""you may need a long
Straw",
Boogieboots, you'll have your "James Stewart 150" {sounds like racing fuel to me}, I just found out!
Black_Outlaw, Name your poison please Beer or spirits!
Catherine said she will do the Pubcrawl in the Morning when she gets my Pills.
Looking forwards to meeting two other members!

Thankyou both!
Highway man!:deadhorse:

Im out for week days. My network and users need me to make sure they can surf Facebook and e-mail ;)

If it was a weekend, then I'd be in for sure.

I'll leave the expert in BoogieBoots to swing spanners and yarns :)

Job done, yarns spun and beers drunk. A successful days work. Had a good time John. Onya👍👍
f0a85007b1d09ae761212ff7974c0faf.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Highway Man and the Pump!

The Morning 0600 hrs has arrived, I opened the front Door to a Knacker clanging
chilling 4 Degrees and decided to turn on the old Paint stripping Heat Gun over the
V.E. Injecter Pump to help minimize the snapping of any retaining bolts or Studs while trying to disassemble my Pump to repair the blowen Top Gasket in my
"D21", then made the first "Cuppa" to start an interesting day!

In my past, I have been a nasty Critic of the Nissan Dealerships for the lousy
prices they charge for their lousy quality Parts, along with the lack of Verble
Service a lot of us have received, yet , in the instance of approaching this job, I
had called at "The Rockingham Nissan Dealership", and asked the Service Chap
the Four questions I needed to know before I started,{you see the last time i
worked on any "Injecter Pump", was on an Inline pump from a "AEC" Auxiliary
in a "Navy Frigate" of WW11 vintage 44 years ago in my second year of my apprenticeship, and now after three Strokes and much loss of my Memories
i was about to step up to the Wicket and attempt my second innings at this!}

The Service Chappie answered all my questions and while waiting for our Forum Member "boogieboots"who had offered to help me I reread my "New Workshop Manual" then laid out the tools required for our days work, then made another cup of Tea!
The questions I ask the Nissan Chappie were:
1.When i undid and lifted the pump top, would anything fall out which I should watch for? Answer was: No!
2. should I order any other Gaskets or Seals that could be required to complete this job in one hit? Answer, No!
Questions 3. and 4. sorry, I have forgotten them, "Memory loss, remember"
but at least i know they all worked and "Boogieboots" arrived, and we got started on the job!

We had a couple of small hang-ups that slowed us down, a little like, where I kept my spare Fencing Wire or Hammer, always a necessity in most jobs
and I did find two "O/Ring seals that should be replaced as well on the Throttle-
Spindle as my are a little bit Pitted, {probably damaged from "B.P's" stuff-up}
in changing the Diesel Formula which is why we will be paying out for many New Seals and O/Rings, I do hope our State Governments are going to do the same with their "Countless Smoking Diesels Engines" before the next Crop Harvest
Loads!
My very sincere Thanks to "BoogieBoots" for his valuable help rendered to me,
and "Black_Outlaw" for his offer of help as well, as "doug696" and his offer of help with his long Straw, then Two Others who have both passed on much advice and Photos and chuckles, and they are:"Plenzen of Canada" and last but
not least "waynsworld" of the USof A, somewhere to our East I think,LoL

And last but not least, The big news for the day is:
"I have lost my Leak"!
All my best too you all, and in three days I will be off on my next trip!

Highway Man!:blingbling:

Glad to see you got it sorted out. If you're heading north I will probably pass you on the road somewhere... Have a good trip.

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back