commodore motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navagator

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if any body has fitted a commodore v6 into there nav?

I fitted one in a Hilux, doing everything myself still cost $4k. You also need to factor in diff ratio changes.

Mark's were supposed to be doing a VH45DE to GQ and GU 5 speed.

Stuff the Yota 1UZFE.

VH45DE it.

The VH45DE is a 4.5L Quad cam V8 made by Nissan. Runs 32 valves and makes more torque then the 1UZFE. However power is still 206kw.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBc0o73CyM[/YT]

VH45DE + TT goodness in a boat.

Sorry about the thread resurrection, but since my D22 has a slow water leak from the timing cover, and a fuel pump with stuffed secondaries limiting me to 90 km/h, I found my way here looking for info about a v6 swap.

To me, having rebuilt a v6, and done a couple of engine swaps before (in my sons commodores), I can see this being a cheap alternative when I am not after power but reliability.

Has anyone got any more info about kits they have used?

Do I have to change my manual gearbox to a Holden auto or can I just be careful with my right foot?

Thanks in advance

I cant help, but i reckon it would be a good swap with an auto box, should be more power! And if u have any probs down the track should be cheap n easy to find another commy motor.

I'm pretty sure the petrol v6 d22s came out in manual too, although I may be wrong. If they did, the gearboxes would be the same so there's not really much risk of breaking it. It depend how hard you drive it though...

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Yep same box behind the VG30 but a stronger front diff. The Commodore donk has much more grunt though. It's a common conversion in older Hilux's.

Latest posts

Back