What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also want to fit 265/75' s currently has 265/70's ...not sure if the 75's will fit. I have a camel suspension (coilover shock absorber) that gave me a 40mm lift on the front suspension

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

fitted a snorkel over the weekend, went pretty well without any help other than reading on the forum, also did the usual oil and filters change at the same time.
Needed a little something to calm the nerves after cutting a 90mm hole in the guard, before test fitting the snorkel.
all done now and well siliconed up, tho i discovered that the bottom clip on the filter box is broken and not sealing properly so no submarineing until that is fixed

Attachments

• 20170211_200748.jpg
    20170211_200748.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 20170212_162100.jpg
    20170212_162100.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 115
Went for a drive down to Esperance before the weekend to use the hoist at the panel shop he works at. Fitted up my new 3" exhaust and I gotta say I am glad I drove the 700ks to do it there. I dread the idea of having done it on the floor! Makes much better sounds and picks up better for sure.
When I got home fitted my new remapped ECU from Eastcoastperformance and man, what a difference that makes. I will do some performance tests and post em up. Pulls much harder from 2000 it is really noticeable.
I don't think I will see much improvement in economy yet as the novelty of extra power is still very fresh!

Purchased a rubber mat for the rear a few days ago. When I opened the delivery box I near expired form the fumes. Got about 2 feet from the back door and decided there was no way I could live with it inside the cab. So it stayed in the tub for teh day, hoping some of the fumes would escape. LAst night soaked it in the recommended warm soapy water and vinegar. Fingers crossed after a day in the sun I can breathe near it and possibly stick it on the floor without having to wear a gas mask while driving.

Soot Tune! from 111 RWHP to 155 RWHP with HKS F-CON ID module, 23 PSI boost, 3 inch exhaust no cat.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1494978869560.jpg
    FB_IMG_1494978869560.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 105
Nice gain!, have you got an EGT gauge?. 23psi is very high for the little Hitachi turbo, I was on 21 for a few days but things were getting hot and the intercooler could not cope. Last dyno after the detune was 152rwhp at 19psi and that was 4 years ago. So everything has safely coped just need a bigger I/c.

No EGT gauge as yet, however the extra boost is designed to keep the EGT down because the AFR has been dropped to make it richer.

No EGT gauge as yet, however the extra boost is designed to keep the EGT down because the AFR has been dropped to make it richer.
It sure does!, tuning has come a long way in the last 5 years they used to just bung a chip on and be done with it. But the intercooler is the only thing in the way now, I'm looking at the Forefront one to suit the yd. It's much larger and can cope when you start pumping out good horsepower. On the fourth run on the dyno with mine we started to lose power, the i/c got so hot even with a fan and water mist.

Managed to get this done today.

Attachments

• 18815284_10155255960875833_4024551667643060346_o.jpg
    18815284_10155255960875833_4024551667643060346_o.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 154
Wings for the drawers!

attachment.php

- Supacenter drawers (had for a while)
- Marine carpet from Bunnings stuck on with liquid nails.
- Used yellow tongue flooring instead of ply - a LOT cheaper.
- Right angle brackets + pip rivets around the tub and on the drawers.

Very pleased.

Attachments

• wings.jpg
    wings.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 303
They are the 1300mm drawers There is about 180mm at the back.
It could be handy space if used right for a water tank or battery(ies) or just stuff that you need, just not often. You could also mount it all the way to the back of the tub and have the slack space at the front - but its far less useful there.

Because they are the 'ute' drawers (i.e. generic) there is no wing kit for them.

Last night I replaced the reverse switch.
Original one lasted only 195 000kms.
Went in through the cabin as it would have taken longer to pull the bash plates off.

Latest posts

Back