D22 YD25 Turbo Whine?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if mine has just done the same thing. (2010 D22 234k on the clock)

Couple of days ago, car lost power out of no where and was pissing out black smoke. Took it to the mechanic and he found a huge crack straight down the middle of the exhaust manifold just like OP. He replaced that and car still had no power and was pissing out smoke, drove it home and read on here abt the butterfly on the EGR getting stuck open causing no power and black smoke. Ordered an EGR blanking plate, fitted it today, power is back, no black smoke from the exhaust, but when i hit like 3,000 rpm the turbo is whining. Idk much about cars and will be taking it straight back to the mechanic, obviously having the EGR blocked will make a difference in the noise of the turbo (i think) but i don’t think it should whine like this. I’ll attach a video, hope someone sees this!

Attachments

• IMG_1753.MOV
    11.6 MB
There are people who would sell their children to have their cars sound like that LOL ...

I'd take a look at the air intake, both before and after the turbocharger. Pay particular attention to the intercooler which may be leaking (seeping black oil = leak).

There are people who would sell their children to have their cars sound like that LOL ...

I'd take a look at the air intake, both before and after the turbocharger. Pay particular attention to the intercooler which may be leaking (seeping black oil = leak).
LOL

But yes the intercooler has a black oil stain in the right hand corner, i have read on here a few posts by you regarding cleaning it out just haven’t gotten around to it

would that mean the turbo is possibly fine and there is a boost leak somewhere?

Latest posts

Back