The New D40 BlackFree

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey John,

how did you go about getting your rear bumper/step yp with the 2 inch body lift?

Cheers
Cam

Hey Cam, Hows things mate?? I had photos but lost them, I just cut the brackets for the bumper vertically then moved and re welded them to suit the body lift. Added a few gussets and it was all done, If you planning a body lift in the future your welcome to my rear bumper and brackets after I fab up my new one.

Went and took a photo for you mate.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 272
Hey Cam, Hows things mate?? I had photos but lost them, I just cut the brackets for the bumper vertically then moved and re welded them to suit the body lift. Added a few gussets and it was all done, If you planning a body lift in the future your welcome to my rear bumper and brackets after I fab up my new one.

Hey John,

Going good mate. Haven't seen you since you had the king cab. I have had my body lift done a few months ago but haven't done anything about the rear bumper/step. Mate I'd be keen to either get you to help me do mine or better yet grab yours when once have fabbed a new one.

Cheers
Cam

Though I'd give a bit of an update. Had heaps happening lately. Now have a nearly 6 week old baby boy keeping us up night to keep things interesting aswell.

Had a nissan snorkel fitted when the car went into get the front guard and bumper resprayed. The front "lokka" diff center rocked up and I'm fitting next week. Installed a 12000lb tigerz whinch on the weekend too.

Have also finished fabricating the bolt on mounts for Scotty's sliders. Just have to prep, paint and refit them. So the car is coming along nicely. Dual batteries will be going in shortly and then saving for a fridge. Will get some pics of how I've done Scotty's sliders if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 240
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 280
Mmmm well looks like Nissan finally addressed the week front diff problem by going from a two too a four pinion front diff. Good in a way but means the lokka front didnt fit :( ah well. Gonna swap it for a rear and save for a different option for the front.

Now looking for a canopy, really after one before the easter weekend, theres just no room left with the fridge in there. Willing to swap the sports bar and hard cover as part payment for a canopy if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Mmmm well looks like Nissan finally addressed the week front diff problem by going from a two too a four pinion front diff. Good in a way but means the lokka front didnt fit :( ah well. Gonna swap it for a rear and save for a different option for the front.

Now looking for a canopy, really after one before the easter weekend, theres just no room left with the fridge in there. Willing to swap the sports bar and hard cover as part payment for a canopy if anyone is interested.

AHH I wonder if that is just a 550 thing with the 4 pinion diff?
or is it across the whole range?
Do you know what ratio the diff is?
Because this could be an option for those who want to lesson the chance of braking the front diff...... maybe...

Yeah not sure to be honest Nathan. I know the slpines on the shafts are the same, could simply be a matter of swapping out the centers and changing the ring gear to stick with your original ratio's.

Quick update, been so busy with the new family and now there is a second less than 10 weeks away!

Nav is now sporting a ARB Canopy and Roof basket/Rack, EGT and Boost Guage (pillar mounted) and soon to be wearing a full iron man 2" lift. After which Ill see what size spacers and axel blocks I can stick on top of that and try shoe horn some 35's under it! Its also sporting a KnN filter, Taipan 3" dump pipe back exhaust and full ECU Remap giving it over 620NM of torque, the thing is an absolute weapon since the tune!

The rain made her grow a little today!

Shoe horned some 35's under her! Got some adjustable UCA's going in later in the week and they should eliminate any rubbing we are currently getting.

The guys at the tyre shop thought I was joking when I asked them to order them. Its been a bit of a journey to get them to fit but they are on with relatively little rubbing which should be completely fixed later in the week. Very happy with the result. The Mickey's are so quiet compared to the old Maxxis rubber.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 275
It looks quite normal with 35s...I'm going to do 35s next tyre change...was hoping somone would talk me out of it....your rig is not helping me.

35's look awesome. Just read your thread, it funny how easily 1 baby becomes 2. Wait till you wake up and find a third in the house then you know your alive. Those brackets for the fog lights in the xrox look great. Makes me realise that I really need some lights in mine. Ben

Yeah I don't think it looks too outlandish... No more kids for me going to make sure of that in the next few months! Let me know if you want some brackets, it's no trouble to knock some more up.

Just be aware if you run a Nissan tow bar the spare no longer fits under the car.

Fitted fulcrum adjustable UCA' today, massages and trimmed inner guards and a little metal at the bottom quarter panel and no rubbing!! Will neaten it up in the next few days if bub no. 2 stays put!

The thing actually drives amazingly well after the alignment, one hand, no wondering... Better than the old GU with far smaller tyres. So wrapped with it!

Fitted fulcrum adjustable UCA' today, massages and trimmed inner guards and a little metal at the bottom quarter panel and no rubbing!! Will neaten it up in the next few days if bub no. 2 stays put!

Any pics??

Latest posts

Back