d22 2.5L STR lack off power on take off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old.Tony said:
That's right. Single-mass flywheels in the D22s, and the DMFs are being dropped from the D40 line in mid to late 2012 if the info I got was right.

Thats only a Roumor at this stage.

Hi thanks a lot guys
I will Book it in for a service next few weeks hope I get it back like your guys
Units is running.
Will keep you posted if it improves or not or what they find
Regards tomski

you should just ring your service manager and tell them or do a dodgy and go test drive another 2.5 D22 (probably the easiest).

every time i see your avatar Dave, i get hypnotized and stare for like 10 mins lol

I find my D22 2010 modle has plenty of power unless I'm claiming big sand dunes then it dies near the top it is a little slow on the take off but once the turbo cuts in its great just ordered a chip it chip for it and I'll let you now how it goes I did burn out a clutch at 47000 km don't know if this is normal
Neil

Hi Tomski, ive been having same problem with mine! Feel like i really need to ride the clutch when taking off on hills or even small inclines. Its a actually disgusting to drive when taking off. I needed a new clutch at 50,ooo, now done 70K and clutch feels like on its way out again. Nissan said my flywheel was burnt and warped apon inspection at 50k so machined it too. none of it covered by warranty. I need to fit a heavy duty clutch but cant afford maybe that will really help on those take offs.

Not sure about tomski but i rarely tow anything. When i do its either a very small tinny or small work trailer with only a few tools.

Sure your handbrake isn't still on? :S

they are a bit slow on take off but with mine I made a few trips to the dump with half a ton of wood and steel in the back and never had any problems with power, IMO it drove better with some weight.

I found my D22 to be very slow off the line especially when towing my caravan. I did the Egr blanking and fitted a chip it improved power and fuel economy was better . but it just wasn't enough. After owning it for a year i couldn't bare riding the clutch to get it to move any more so i sold the ute and now use a 2008 Prado as my everyday vehicle and tow vehicle now i'm very happy :)

Yeah ive just about had it with mine. got 3800kms and im ready to trade it cause it is useless at takeoff. like the rest of the car but taking off is starting to shit me. dont have to ride the clutch really but if you dont ride it it just sits there and snails away when you let it out for a good 1000rpm. rant complete. lol

Mine is chipped and I've also wound the boost up, still pretty average down low as the chips don't even kick in til your a bit above idle, I've heard fitting a more free flowing exhaust helps the boost come on earlier. A week or two ago I tried driving mine up a muddy hill to get out of a camping spot, engine was still cold and was absolutely nothing there power wise, had to rev it up and dump up to get it to move without stalling it, not ideal situation coz it just causes wheelspin when you need torque and tractability, I think people need to remember it is a 2.5 Litre engine with what is effectively a blocked exhaust until that turbo spools up and starts working only was to fix that is with a 4.2 conversion

Thinkinh about chippin it actually but just dont know if it will make a substancial difference from idle. anyone checked egts before and after a chip was installed? Preferably a chip that raises fuel pressure rather than one that holds injectors open longer??

I think you can spend alot of money on it and you will still be dissappointed with its performance thats how i felt and i was only towing 2ton nissan rate this vehicle to 2.8ton what a joke i cut my losses and sold the Navara . So my advice is don't buy these vehicles if you want to tow anything bigger than a 6x4 trailer

Thinkinh about chippin it actually but just dont know if it will make a substancial difference from idle. anyone checked egts before and after a chip was installed? Preferably a chip that raises fuel pressure rather than one that holds injectors open longer??

I had a chipit chip in mine and the power increase was great fuel economy was even better than standard model it just didn't have enough down low on take off and this made towing a caravan very hard .

Thinkinh about chippin it actually but just dont know if it will make a substancial difference from idle.

unless some of you guys put in an engine that makes its peak power by 1500rpm...forget about getting loads of power straight of idle...this little engine is making stuff all power at 900 rpm "just off idle"...no exhaust or turbo or chip etc is going to change that.

Latest posts

Back