D40 dtuk chip and pedal box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTrev

Reaction score
All I can say is I installed the pedal box today which took me a whole 2 minutes accompanied by the dtuk injector chip and WHOLY shit it is just thrown in your seat instant torque I don't know much on fuel economy but I'd imagine it won't change because it's totally cut the turbo lag out!!

Kev or Trev, have you had a chip fitted to your ute before or is this a new mod?
I like the idea of the injector chip, currently have a rail chip.

Yeah I have had a chip it and this shits all over it, pedal box is DEFFINATELY worth buying for towing there is absolutely no turbo lag at all. Instant power.

How does a peddle box work?

It alters the pedal position (0-100%) signal before it goes to the ecu so power comes on ealier, basicallly makes the car more responsive. Do a search on the navara.net forum the poms have been using them for ages.

be careful of your clutch :)

Thanks Mike, I'm always mindful of the clutch, lucky enough to squeeze 320.000k's out of the D22 (With DTUK CHIP), traded it with the original clutch,
Hopefully i can get a bit out of the D40 before it lets go, the dual mass is definitely a different beast to deal with especially when towing.

Kev

Majority of chips you see over here are just a rebadged chip that he sells for double the price with the same warranty, all though he can't say which chip mob sells his once you purchase and see it you will put 2&2 together.

Trev,
Sounds like a system I need.
What pricing did they give you for both?
Have you played with many of the maps it says or just connect and go?

Think round $600 for chip and $300 for pedal box. I have left on standard tune and pedal box on Eco mode at maximum and is still awesome I reckon you could do some damage cranking everything right up.

I have both the DTUK module and a Windbooster pedal box fitted and they are great.

Be aware the Pedal box doesnt actually add any power or make response quicker. The benefit is it makes the car feel easier to drive as it gives the illusion your not working it as hard to go. The downside is once you are accelerating hard with minimal throttle you end up with 3/4 of pedal throw that doesnt do any thing as your already at full throttle.

My injector module is set at map 4 +1 and i have minimal spoke besides on gear changes and take off i get a small puff.

DTUK pedal box problem.

Hi, I know this a pretty old thread but has anyone had any issues with a DTUK pedal box? Mine is about 2 yrs old and has just started playing up. After I have been at a steady speed for a while and then slow down [EG, roundabout] I am then unable to accelerate again, it feels like I am getting only about 25% throttle no matter how far I push the accelerator. If I pull over and turn the car off and then restart it's fine again but this is happening more and more. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back