ZD30 Rev Hang

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryB

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an 03 D22 with the 3 litre motor, and when you rev it up the revs will hang for 3 to 5 seconds before dropping back to idle. There is also a really loud whooshing noise when under acceleration coming from near the turbo (but I cant find any leaks). It sounds a bit like the turbo is providing too much boost, as the ute goes better then any other D22 I've driven.
Also if you let it idle it will get a bit rough. The motor sounds fine when you first start it up and when you rev it.

Any ideas would be appreciated as I have run out :D

Hey guys,

I have an 03 D22 with the 3 litre motor, and when you rev it up the revs will hang for 3 to 5 seconds before dropping back to idle. .........

Also if you let it idle it will get a bit rough. ......

could well be its running on from gulping engine oil down the intake.
these blow a fair bit through the breather. also if turbo has failed it can be leaking oil into the intake.
that might explain the whooshing noise, tho that could be fan noise or split intake hose.

if it goes rough after letting it idle for 5 min, thats by design. its the egr opening up at idle.

Latest posts

Back