2003 zd30 cranks but won't start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluezd30

Reaction score
Hey there guys I'm new to this forum just recently bought myself a Nav it had a hard starting problem when I first got it so I went ahead changed the glow plugs new fuel filter new battery cleaned the battery terminals and it was fine then last night I go to start it it starts run really rough then just dies now it just cranks and won't fire I did eventually get it to fire but held the accelerator down to keep it alive blew a heap of white smoke took foot off the pedal and it just died and hasn't started since just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas what it could be? Cheers fellas

sounds like the engine is starving of fuel . does your model have a fuel pump primmer on the top of filter ? if so is it hard or soft to push down ? if its hard there is fuel in the system but if its soft you have an air leak and this will cause the engine to have very hard start ups. check to see if your getting fuel from the filter to the injector rail.

Yeah it has a primer I took the hose off pumped it made sure it was pumping diesel from there but no it doesn't get hard it's stays soft no matter how many times I pump it, I'll check tonight if it's getting fuel to the rail

when you put the fuel line back onto the filter housing nipple and pump up pressure, does the pump get hard to push down then ? try atleast 20 pumps.

Sometimes the diaphragm on the bleeder perishes and leaks air. Otherwise did you lube the o-ring on the new filter with diesel when you fitted it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I have tried to pump it and it just hasn't got hard or firm no real difference at all, should I get a new primer pump diaphragm? Yeah I lubed the filter up nicely when I changed it

does fuel come out of the filter outlet [ with hose off the filter ] when you pump up the plunger ? if it does then the pumper is working ok but no fuel out of outlet yes the pumper needs replacing or the tank is empty. ebay should have the part if needed.

Yes the pump pumps out fuel from the outlet so it is working fine, I cracked my injectors yesterday and tried to crank it instead of spraying out diesel like an injector should it just dribbled out like there was nothing there, I know I have over 3/4s of a tank of diesel I'm starting to worry it's the injector pump, any thoughts guys?

Could be a perished hose between the filter and the injector pump. I'd check the banjo filter in the inlet to the pump too, to make sure there isn't any crap blocking that.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

undo the fuel line at the injectors and see how if any fuel squirts out of the hose, if you get a good squirt you know its not the injector pump but probably the injectors are stuffed. no fuel = injector pump. have fuel = injectors need pro cleaning or replacing.

Latest posts

Back