Fuel filter hoses

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli32

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this may be such a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. My D40 has been running a little rough lately so I thought I would put a Liquimoly injector cleaner though it. I found a how to video but the problem is that the hoses for the filter seem to be attached a little different. In my pic the centre hose goes to the primer bulb, but in the video the left hose goes to the bulb. Is it possible that I have mixed them up on the last filter change which was about 6 months ago. It is a genuine filter and she has been running fine till late.
Again, I apologise if this question is rediculous.

Sorry, I forgot to attach this pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 87
Sorry, wasn't around yesterday afternoon.

Was it a hose mixup?

The other alternative with the Liqui Moly product is to use up most of the fuel in the tank (until there's about 5 litres or less left) and pour it in the tank. Start the car and let it idle, probably best done on level ground so the fuel pickup doesn't starve straight away. That's what we did (when we thought our injectors were dirty).

If you're getting a little surging at idle, injector cleaner does often help - but it's not the injectors that it's helping, it's the SCV on the fuel pump. Mine was hunting around a little at idle, a can of Liqui Moly Fuel System Conditioner saw it right, but months later the SCV failed anyway and had to be replaced. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back