Monster Rides ReKon Suspension for Navara D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh thanks for the support and for the trying to be nice about my age, but i suppose i look good for 98 , but back when i was 91 i was a real tear away you should of seen me back in the day i would last atleast 20 or even 25 seconds after my wife would take her kit off but that did take her 30 minutes its not easy with arthritis and a new hip plus that zimermen is a real bugger.

Haha. You get me everytime! Haha Hoo Roo bloke

Ok... back on track. Thanks Lads for some entertainment!

Wow!! all that for a response to whether you will get better flex with sway bars connected or disconnected...........

I wasnt bagging your warranty, R&D methods, time it takes to get things right before you release a product, the knowledge of your team, if you are the only ones to offer what you do, ect ect ect or any of the other things you mentioned in above post.

Does my background really matter??

after all weren't you an accountant?? or are an accountant??

Does over 25yrs of being involved with 4x4's count and over 25yrs of driving and owning all sorts of off road toys count??

At the end of the day no i dont have a business selling suspension, but this goes to show i have no axe to grind and have absolutely nothing to gain from telling it how i see it.

I wish you all the success in the world Mat, you seem to have a great business plan and you can definitely promote your gear very well (gift of the gab)
As i said i have nothing to gain by saying that 4x4's are better off with the sway bars disconnected WHEN OFF ROAD, simply due to the front being able to work independently without fighting against the sway bar.

I will get some pics this weekend while im away with and with out the sway bar, then tell me that it makes no difference.

Not being smart in any way, Can you also explain for me how using your struts can give you 4" of lift while not loosing down travel, without changing the upper or lower control arms??

Does the UCA not have a limited amount of travel, that even with no strut in at all the UCA only has a set amount of movement before it hits the coil bucket?? (due to its design ??)

Nathan,

I'm no accountant. My Mrs is, so is my sister... but not me.
I don't party hard enough to be an accountant.

As i said i have nothing to gain by saying that 4x4's are better off with the sway bars disconnected WHEN OFF ROAD, simply due to the front being able to work independently without fighting against the sway bar.

I will get some pics this weekend while im away with and with out the sway bar, then tell me that it makes no difference.

I didn't say it makes no difference, well not to my recollection... after a quick re-read of previous posts this is what I said in post 174:

The Swaybar isn't a huge issue, it has it's limitations, but it plays it's part in a stable IFS and disconnects aren't in our immediate R&D plans.

Yes the swaybar limits the front suspension travel and flex, but it's a OEM part and plays a role in the front suspension geometry... so we will work with it.
Swaybar disconnects can be great, but can also cause issues... when disconnected the lose ends can snag and damage CV boots and get caught on sticks and other obstacles offroad and cause more damage... so there is a lot to consider when deciding whether to disconnect them or leave them intact and work with them.

Shall we just agree to disagree... ?
We may well decide in time to make a disconnect option... All I'm saying is that they play a role in a IFS set up and at this stage we are working with them.

Not being smart in any way, Can you also explain for me how using your struts can give you 4" of lift while not loosing down travel, without changing the upper or lower control arms??

Ummm... well where do I start.
Firstly our innovation and ability to get more lift without compromising down travel, or increasing it is our intellectual property and part of our outside the box thinking in terms of coilover set up, design and fabrication. I'm not going to sit on a public forum and explain the inner workings of our gear for the world to see.

Shock open and closed length, coil length and binding point, piston position, oil capacity, internal bumpstops and a stack of other variables all go into coilover design and function... if you are under the assumption that all coilovers are built the same way then fair enough... I'm not here to run a building shocks 101 class either.

We achieve more lift and down travel because we work real hard to develop our own shocks and coilovers. Our own stuff built to our specs.

Our coilovers allow up to 4" of lift.
Yes you need other parts to get the 4" of lift to work... but guys can buy them now, run them up to 3" for the moment and then later add a UCA and perhaps a LCA and use 4" of lift if they want.
That is what we offer, and none of our customers have been under any false pretenses that we offer 4" of lift with no other parts to make it happen.

We have proven with the Hilux set up that we can offer up to 4" of lift and still maintain 4" of down travel from our Rekon set up... something unheard of 2 years ago and most said it couldn't be done.
Obviously the Hilux set up is markedly different to that on the Navara, and I'm not saying we will achieve the same stats with the Navara... rather just saying there is more than one way to skin a cat.

At the end of the day most blokes seem to be after a 3" lift for their Navara... maybe a 4" lift for a few blokes.

Basically most guys who have contacted us want to fit 33" tyres comfortably, and they want the ability to dial in the exact amount of lift they use up front... not be stuck with a static lift that sags over time and have no easy options to adjust this.
We know we can offer this 3" lift now, and 4" in time... it's just a case of finishing the testing and development and then releasing the products once they are ready.

Not sure if we will satisfy your needs for hard facts on the forum with images and the like... We could go back and forth for post after post and get nowhere.
I think the "proof" will come in time with customer feedback and real life trip write ups and videos etc.

All in good time, the Navara has some untapped flex and 4WD potential and I think this Rekon set up we are working on will surprise a few people when it is complete.

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:
Ok... back on track. Thanks Lads for some entertainment!

Cheers,
Matt

how are you going Matt this is my first post to the navara form though I don't own a Nissan navara I own jeep Wrangler jk with suspension kit adding up to over 5k so I know when I see a quality product

I would like to make some enquiries for my friend
he would like to do a 3" suspension lift kit my concerns are not in the front they are on the rear do you need to do extended break lines I understand if you left the rear 3' or more you will need to do extended brake lines?

Cheers,
mitchell

also the leaf pack if he gets the SAX Three Stage Leaf they are only available in the 2' left what spring spacer do you need to get the additional inch I am not referring to extended shackles?

Last edited:
Hey Mitchell,

Thanks for the questions, first thing to do is grab some measurements of your Mates Navara so we can compare the current front height versus the rear.
Best bet is to lock a tape on the bottom of the rim and measure up to the bottom of the guard.
Do drivers and passengers sides, front and back.

I doubt you'll need to lift the rear as much as the front to get a nice even stance, as most Navaras in stock form run a nose down stance... Sometimes up to 50mm difference can be seen. Even more if bullbars, winches, spotlights and bash plates are fitted.

We have not had to extend the brake lines with 50mm lifts in the rear, I honestly doubt you'll need 75mm, but with these larger lifts a good set of braided extended brake lines would not go astray.
Run them with a set up front as well and some really good quality brake fluid and you'll have improved pedal feel day to day, and less brake fade on long hot drives as well.

How do you find the JK?
They are a great truck out of the box... No doubt with $5k worth of suspension yours would be an absolute weapon.

Cheers,
Matt

Hey Mitchell,

Thanks for the questions, first thing to do is grab some measurements of your Mates Navara so we can compare the current front height versus the rear.
Best bet is to lock a tape on the bottom of the rim and measure up to the bottom of the guard.
Do drivers and passengers sides, front and back.

I doubt you'll need to lift the rear as much as the front to get a nice even stance, as most Navaras in stock form run a nose down stance... Sometimes up to 50mm difference can be seen. Even more if bullbars, winches, spotlights and bash plates are fitted.

We have not had to extend the brake lines with 50mm lifts in the rear, I honestly doubt you'll need 75mm, but with these larger lifts a good set of braided extended brake lines would not go astray.
Run them with a set up front as well and some really good quality brake fluid and you'll have improved pedal feel day to day, and less brake fade on long hot drives as well.

How do you find the JK?
They are a great truck out of the box... No doubt with $5k worth of suspension yours would be an absolute weapon.

Cheers,
Matt

currently the car is standard it is a 2012 spacecab

I will have to get measurements around his car it will have bull bar underbody protection and spotlights

I have done extended brake lines in my jk and made a big difference in pedal feel

also you going to do anything with the new 2012 dmax I have already seen one that was lifted 3" haven't confirmed but they reckon it has the most suspension travel from the factory

my jeep jk is awesome I have a 3 inch lift I am currently saving up for new front axle and 37" tires what you can do to these trucks is mind-boggling another thing that is mind-boggling is what it can do to your wallet lol

Last edited:
Hey Matt,
Any plans for suspension kits for d22s??
Cheers
Joel

Joel,

We are thinking of it... until recently we did not realise the demand for kits for the D22 and we will look at it probably middle of 2013.

We are starting development on a coilover conversion kit for the previous model torsion bar Hilux and might look at something similar for the D22 if it is feasible.

Cheers,
Matt

currently the car is standard it is a 2012 spacecab

I will have to get measurements around his car it will have bull bar underbody protection and spotlights

I have done extended brake lines in my jk and made a big difference in pedal feel

also you going to do anything with the new 2012 dmax I have already seen one that was lifted 3" haven't confirmed but they reckon it has the most suspension travel from the factory

my jeep jk is awesome I have a 3 inch lift I am currently saving up for new front axle and 37" tires what you can do to these trucks is mind-boggling another thing that is mind-boggling is what it can do to your wallet lol

We have just started development on the DMax, and hope to have some coilovers and rear shocks out early next year for them.
We should get a similar outcome to the Hilux with a 3-4" lift very achievable.

Cheers,
Matt

We have just started development on the DMax, and hope to have some coilovers and rear shocks out early next year for them.
We should get a similar outcome to the Hilux with a 3-4" lift very achievable.

Cheers,
Matt

that is good INFORMATION

Can't wait to c what u guys bring out for the d22's !

Thanks Mate!

I'd just say to anyone looking for D22 suspension please don't hold your breath and wait on us... it might be quite some time before we release anything and I'd hate to have our development drag on and inconvenience people.

Cheers
Matt

This is my nav with the adjustable coilovers in front. Perform excellent.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121120_231525.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121120_231525.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 573

Fellas,

We have no updates at this point, sorry.

At this stage we have kind of put the UCA's on hold for a few reasons.

Mainly due to the sheer demand for established parts we have has taken all of our time and we have not had time to put into the R&D for new products like the Navara UCA's.

Also in the D40 market there are new UCA options being released by Fulcrum and others, along with the US options which might well be a sufficient option and something that we will struggle to compete with in terms of price.
We build our UCA's with chromoly tubing and premium fittings and the price point might render them not all that competitive in the market.

So at this stage fellas if you're after a set of UCA's to compliment a MR kit for a different set up I'd look elsewhere as we have no confirmed schedule to get these D40 UCA's to the market place at this point.

Cheers,
Matt

Spc uca

Morning all i have just completed installation of SPC UCA into my nav, i can now use full droop of the coils, the SPC arms do require coil bucket mods but it is just removing the lip of the bucket towards the back of the coil bucket.
Sorry for the Iphone quality and Sway bar has been removed

Attachment below

Attachments

• Full droop.jpg
    Full droop.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Coil Bucket.jpg
    Coil Bucket.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 424
  • New Flex 1.jpg
    New Flex 1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 407
  • New Flex.jpg
    New Flex.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 410
Rekon Stage 1 and 1.5 Kits

There's a stage 1 kit, any stage 2 kits at this stage?

Hey Mate,

We don't have a Stage 2 kit ready, and it might be a little while until we get it all sorted... so in the meanwhile we have released a Stage 1.5 kit to fill the gap!

So we will be offering the SPC/Light Racing UCA's with the Rekon kits along with 2 different leaf spring options.

Stage 1 Rekon Kit:

2 x Assembled Front Coilovers with your choice of coil and C Spanner

2 x Rear Shocks

$1800 delivered.

Stage 1.5 Rekon Kit:

2 x Rear Shocks

SPC/Light Racing UCA's with adjustable camber/caster ball joint

$2650 delivered.

Stage 1.5 Rekon Kit wiht Dobinsons Leaf Springs:

2 x Rear Shocks

Dobinsons Leaf Springs 50mm lift - Medium Rate 250 kg
With greasable standard length shackles, bushes and u-bolts.

$3250 delivered.

Stage 1.5 Rekon Kit wiht Dobinsons Leaf Springs:

2 x Rear Shocks

Sax 3 Stage Leaf Springs Performance 2" lift 200 - 600kg constant load
With greasable standard length shackles, bushes and u-bolts.

$3250 delivered.

There are other leaf springs available from these companies to suit larger constant rear load requirements, we can arrange these also if required.

Prices include delivery to capital cities and major regional centers on the East coast. Surcharge applies to remote areas and WA, NT and SA.

So far the feedback on the SPC/Light Racing UCA's is good from our customers who have fitted them, there is still some contact issues with the top of the coil bucket... especially if the ball joint is positioned inwards towards the coilover. Not much that can be done about this though at this stage. This is one thing we are looking to address with our UCA, gaining as much clearance around the balljoint/uniball as possible to avoid contact with the coil bucket.

Here are some images taken from the instructions from the Light Racing UCA's:

Ball Joint vs Coil bucket:
ScreenShot2012-12-31at122729PM-1.jpg

Basic Layout:
ScreenShot2012-12-31at122723PM-1.jpg

Caster and Cember adjustment:
ScreenShot2012-12-31at122803PM-1.jpg

Complete Instructions:
ScreenShot2012-12-31at122654PM-1.jpg

From everyone at Monster Rides we wishes all the members of the Navara.Asia forum and our customers all the very best for 2013. Here's to a good year full of health, happiness and prosperity for all.

Cheers,
Matt

Latest posts

Back