D22 ZD30 INTERMITTENT Power loss! All help will be appreciated

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So....my new clutch is great and it doesn't slip (as would be expected!)... But I still have a power loss issue which happens once in a blue moon! Just my luck to have a rooted clutch on top of this issue.
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in!"

So I disconnected my NPS ( I think) to try and diagnose this issue and hoping it's the NPS and not air in fuel or pump or injector related.

Can someone please confirm once disconnected
1. Drivers side, top of gearbox, 2nd switch from front is NPS
2. maybe very slight change in revs
3. when turn Heat switch on revs rise ever so slightly but not up to 1200rpm.

#diyparanoia

Edit: Took for a test drive around block and reverse lights and speedo work so pretty sure I got the right switch after reading the threads on NPS and checking out the photos people put up, but doesn't mention points 2 and 3 I'm asking.

Last edited:
After driving around today, highway and around town, I can't believe the difference. The NPS was definitely playing up cause there is more power there, especially noticeable with the AC on where it use to be so sluggish. What's the verdict on just leaving it disconnected and not replacing? Any adverse affects that anyone knows of?

Nah, been well documented on here that it only stops the heat switch working. The ecu obviously gets some sort of signal from it, so it knows when to raise idle speed when the heat switch is on, but other than that I haven't seen anything on here saying there are adverse effects...

As for the slight change in idle speed, that could just be the ecu fluctuating idle speed. I know on my yd25, if you are moving in neutral or gear with the clutch in the idle speed will raise to around 1000rpm, when stopped completely it will return to around 750rpm or whatever the base idle is...

I think the poms ( Navara.net ) were just grinding down the mating face of the nps switch so when you screw it back in it goes in a bit futher, apparently the end of the switch wears down which is why they stop working.

Latest posts

Back