Exhaust upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I have a question for the guys with the exhaust upgrade.

Does it drone on the auto?
What size and mufflers if any does yours have?

Did you notice any performance increase?

Can you hear the exhaust in the cabin?

Tonba thats totally incorrect. Scotts rods, do an exhaust kit, beaudesert do a kit. City discount tyre parooka do a kit. Thats the ones i found on facebook. There would have to be local exhaust shops doing them.

All seem to be dpf back but im interested in woth or without muffler on a auto

Who the hell are those guys?

Only ones I know are the big companies. Taipan, Redback, Xforce, Wilall. And out of all of them, Wilall is the only one making 3" DPF back exhaust.

So not totally incorrect to say that the only ones on the market are DPF back.

Not withstanding IMO - Muffler is the way to go.

Not sure if it's been posted already, but just sticking my head under the right side, the oe system is already 3" and fairly free of any bends that would cause any sizeable flow restrictions. Biggest impediment to flow is the centre muffler.

Beaudesert exhaust are more known then willall racing more knows then taipan xp. Scotts rods exhaust do shitloads of kit exhausts.

mine is a cat-back straight through 3" pipe no mufflers.
I could not hear any notable change in exhaust note.
There is no drone, you can't hear it in the cabin.
This is on a manual but can't see why an auto would be different.
Cant tell you if there is a noticeable power increase as i fitted it at 200km engine was still tight.

I've got the same Willall system as DesertHucker on my auto and as he said no noticeable change in sound and no droning at all.

I fitted mine after 1800km and did notice slightly better throttle response and it holds the gear slightly better at low RPM so quite possible there is a 10kw gain they advertise.

Keen to see mate.

Any chance you can dyno it with just the centre muffler removed? Will either prove or disprove Willall's TQ gains of 50nm.

Have a look, I'm fairly sure it's 3" from the factory from the cat / dpf back. Haven't put any verniers on it though.

57mm internal
60mm external
just measured mine that was removed

Measured mine just now.

From the DPF/Cat to the mid muffler, the pipe is 55mm OD. From the mid-muffler to the tip it is 60mm OD.

My bet would be there are gains to be had over what is a 2" exhaust realistically. Hate to see how restrictive it is from the turbos to the cat/DPF!!

Do you guys reckon i should go the stainless exhaust or normal mild steel. Theres about $100 price difference

Latest posts

Back