Engine Coolant ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
guys, what would be the recommended coolant ratio to use with Concentrate.
i bought 5 litres of penrite 7 year green coolant concentrated [ not ready mixed ] and need to know what the water / coolant ratio mix should be, the nissan owners book tells me nothing other that if i lived in a place that goes from -10 or -30 degress. temp should be 10 to 40 Queensland. thanks.

when i drained then re filed the radiator it seemed like i put about 4 litres maximum in the radiator and engine . sounds very low to me but it is full and the engine runs as cool as before [ just under half on the gauge ] i would have thought atleast 7 to 8 litres of fluids would be about right but 4 litres makes me think abit.

I would keep checking the level to see if it goes down.
It would hold more than 4 litres.
Maybe u didnt drain it all out? Or there could be air bubbles.

According to the castrol site it is 9.5 litres. That would be from completely empty though, including the heater core...

i drained the radiator from the bottom center screw in plug until all stopped coming out then i re fitted this plug and re filled the radiator then drained all out once again. surely when the radiator is drained so is the engine as its all going to the bottom and out. when i check the coolant level its totally full so i just can not work out why this 13 model 2.5 str is only taking no more than 4 litres of coolant / water. are you guys sure the 2.5 takes as much as the 3 litre str,s ??

how would i get the rest of old coolant out of the engine ? looks like the bottom radiator hose goes up about half way to the engine block.

Haynes book said 10.5 litres of coolant . Not sure what the process is for draining it all.

Dunno if you're going to be able to see this, but it is from the factory service manual. Shows a coolant drain plug in the block sort of under the turbo...

It is the upper of the 2 bolts towards the middle of that screen shot...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1448859334671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1448859334671.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 115
thanks bods and others. why would they put a drain plug under the turbo area ? thats really easy to spot hey , do doubt its an under the car undo job too.

Haha yeah i was thinking the same thing... going to have to do mine shortly too, so it was good to have this come up lol

Apparently it is easiest to get to that drain bolt through the passenger wheel arch. I have done my coolant once and didn't realise that was the case. I just did my best to flush the system with a hose running into the radiator. Didn't know the trick about through the wheel arch back then

Latest posts

Back