G'day Nissan Nuts :)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractor

Reaction score
G'day

I hail from the Snowy Mountains / Monaro region.

I have recently acquired a Navara D21 1986 4WD ute. It is unregistered and will remain so, it will spend it's days on our property. This vehicle is an adventure in waiting. I have owned 11 vehicles so far, but all have been flat 4's, I have never owned a straight 4, until now.

This ute has been raised, that is one of the things I like about it as I need to access remote parts of the property that are not in the range or clearance of our Forester. Being able to crawl around under it with room to look, think and work is soooo good.

It is not pretty, no body rust, but plenty of surface rust on the painted panels, looks like an old shed. Perfect camo for our place :) Underneath it has no rust, it came from out west and has never been near salt air from the look of it.

The ute comes with a whole ecosystem onboard. There are spider webs everywhere, lichen all along the outside of the ute body and on the tie down points. It had been residing on a property near Nimmitabel as a farm ute, before that it was on another farm as a paddock basher. I doubt it has been on a bitumen roard for a very long time.

It starts first go. Beyond that I have some work to do, but will save those stories for other areas of the forum.

Last edited:
Kooooeee, Not at all jealous of where you live;)
Howdy Tractor love the pic's - you should give it a coat of clear "over everything- mold and all" :))
What "block" is in it?

Clear coat to preserve the history, I like that.

It has a 2.4 /2.5 petrol engine. Minimal rubbish under the bonnet, those were the good days for home mechanics.

Latest posts

Back