d22 5th gear crunch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jased22

Reaction score
5th gear in my nav has always had a bit of a crunch. Its ok if i change from 4th to 5th slowly and not many revs. But this is not always do able. Lately it has got worse. Is this a d22 thing? Always thought it was seeing as my mates 09 d22 does the same. Any way of fixing this issue? Gear box additive?

Last edited:
Can't say I've ever had that issue in mine. Wouldn't hurt to drop the gearbox oil and replace it along with an additive though

what year is yours?
i would have to check if they changed gearboxes for the 08's on.
we have 3 D22's and none crunch 5th gear.

change the gearbox oil and check if anything comes out with it.

Dec 06. Not sure when gearbox oil was last done. But my mechanic has checked the gearbox oil before and thought it was ok. But will get it changed next service

Cheers

also check the level in the transfer box as well.
sometimes they can leak oil from one to the other.

what year is yours?
i would have to check if they changed gearboxes for the 08's on.
we have 3 D22's and none crunch 5th gear.

change the gearbox oil and check if anything comes out with it.
Mine's a 2010 model, only crunching I get is when I try and drive it like a road ranger lmao (not holding the clutch in long enough...) oh, and trying to go back to first gear before coming to a complete stop....

Dec 06. Not sure when gearbox oil was last done. But my mechanic has checked the gearbox oil before and thought it was ok. But will get it changed next service

Cheers

Did you resolve this? did an oil change make any difference. The 2009 D22 I just bought has a crunch going into 5th sometimes and seems to be dependant on the revs. Change too fast or too slow then there is a slight crunch pushing into gear.
Havent had a chance to do any oil changes yet but definitely will be soon.

Ive always had abit of tension on 5th too thought it was just me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back