offset help please 2014 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingas

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum site. I have a 2014 D22 nav.
I'm looking at getting new rims and tyres but sticking with 265 70 R16 or maybe slightly bigger to a 265 75 R16.

My understanding with the offset is that the standard offset is +40 (what I have now). I want my tyres to sit out from the wheel arches, so if I made the offset 0, would that mean the tyres sit out about 1 inch from the wheel arches?

0 offset has the tread in line or just outside the flares, the sidewall will buldge outside the flare. It looks good and is technically illegal. If you can find a +10 offset wheel that would be the perfect offset, however they are relatively rare. Also as the DX steel wheel and spare is a +30 offset and you can only legally change you offset by 50mm, legally you can only go down to a +5 offset rim as this will increase your wheel track by 50mm (25mm a side). I am not sure if anyone would ever get done for this but it is the law. I run 0 offset wheels though, so technically my wheel track has increased by 60mm and my tyre sidewalls are outside the flare, the front stick out more than the back as the front stock track width is 1425 and the rear is 1405mm or something similar to that

why would you want your tyres to stick out from the wheel arches ? this is a sure way of ripping off a guard flare if you should bottom out going over a climb / etc etc. remember also its not legal to have tyre protruding past the guard line so you would also have to add some extra rubber flares.

Thanks mate, very helpful.

Why would I do this? Because it looks better, I am aware it is illegal. Seriously though, most things on a car that look good these days is illegal eg. window tint, car hight, rim size etc.

This is a 16x8, 0 off set black alloy mickey thompson wheel with 265/75/16 Yokohama geolandars

Attachments

• 20150109_074427.jpg
    20150109_074427.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 580
  • 20150109_083511.jpg
    20150109_083511.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 558
  • 20150109_074422.jpg
    20150109_074422.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 490
  • 20150109_074346.jpg
    20150109_074346.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 555
I have got 16x8 0 offset, and it doesnt look sticking out much at all.
It looks heaps better, more aggressive stance.

I was a bit worried first but decided to bite the bullet, and no regret at all

So go for it.

if your current rims are +40, then going to a 0 will make them stick 40mm out!
if you haven't got any lift, you will most likely catch either the flares, mudflaps or both!

Mickey Thompsons are super expensive. I ended up importing mine from 4wdparts eBay store in the states. Think i paid $130 USD each? After conversion with postage I think it was like $600 usd. I got mine when the AUD was still about 0.78 USD

Only bad thing about the rims in the sockets for the nuts are super deep so normal wheel braces don't fit. So I had to buy some 19mm wheel nuts and a breaker bar with a deep 19mm socket to keep in my car

Came to about $800 after conversion fees etc but still way cheaper than buying locally. Only thing is I was warned local dealers wouldn't warrant them as they are bought from the States

yes the main issue with buying from overseas even though you can get things cheaper is , what happens when the product purchased has a fault ? you normally have to pay the return shipping and then waite waite waite. buy local and play it safe i say.

Correct. But at $500 ish less I took a gamble. Not often people have issues with alloy wheels. Expecially good quality ones like mickey Thompsons. However they are made in china haha. Much to my disgust I found that printed on the inside. I even had a wheel almost fall off after my wheel studs can loose and sheared. Only some minor cosmetic damage to the inside of the wheel which I repainted and a couple of gouges out of the back of mounting surface which I just filled with bog not that it was necessary. I was pissed when it happened. They were pretty much brand new haha

Last edited:
Hello again...me and my stupid questions...My d22 is 2003 year and 255/70r16 stock...ok i will buy bf at 265/75r16...

I did remove mudflaps....standarts +40 offset...i want to overflow little bit with a new rim...for example this link says 16x8.0 INCH 6X139'7 ET-25 is -25 offset too much or good?Be a problem with stock height???thanks again...

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/yede...43707571/detay

-25 will stick out too much.

I have 0 and anything more would be super illegal looking - 0 is already pretty wide. The front wheels already spray mud and crap allover the door's like crazy.

My 2 bob.

-25 will stick out too much.

I have 0 and anything more would be super illegal looking - 0 is already pretty wide. The front wheels already spray mud and crap allover the door's like crazy.

My 2 bob.

Any sample image for -25 offset???in my country everything is legal:))no problem...03-d22's are +40 offset original right?if i use -25 offset ,my tires will go out 65mm more than original right??

Thanks...

Latest posts

Back