Which tub do i have?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leighbus

Reaction score
Im getting conflicting information in relation to wether i have the long or short tub. I have a 2008 d22 JN1 vin which from what ive read tells me it should be a short tub, however it also has silver sports bar, flat tailgate and when i bought a towbar i had to get an extra long one so it sticks out past the rear step which tells me that its a long tub. Can anyone shed some light please? Or can anyone give me some dimensions to work off so i can go measure it.

I want to get a canopy and if its a short tub there are a couple second hand ones around at the moment for pretty cheap otherwise if its a long tub ill be looking at a couple of grand for a new one.

If it was late 08 it may have had a long one fitted. If you have had to get a longer towbar that means it is the longer tub...

Thanks yes mine also measures 149cm long on inside of lip so im certain it is s long tub but it is stamped 07/08 on the plate under the bonnet. So not sure if a previous owner has put a newer tub on it or if it actually came from factory like that. Anyway i guess im lookin at just over a couple grand for a standard ARB canopy, does anyone know of any cheaper canopy manufacturers out there?

Flexiglass maybe, but it depends what you are after. I managed to score a second hand flexiglass one for mine which has a long tub a while ago in perth off gumtree, but they don't come up very often...

Another crazy idea i had would be put a second hand short tub canopy on the back which should leave about a 90mm gap between canopy and cab which would look a little funny, but was thinking if i took the sports bar which is 2.5 inches diameter remove the angled support bits that go backwards and moved the sports bar forward a bit so it neatly fills in the gap it could work, the sports bar follows the outline of the back of the cab almost perfectly so should look neat but Can't picture how it would look though, interested on hearing what others think of this idea as it would be about a $1500 saving.

Flexiglass maybe, but it depends what you are after. I managed to score a second hand flexiglass one for mine which has a long tub a while ago in perth off gumtree, but they don't come up very often...

Flexiglass dont seem to make canopies for d22's anymore. I dont need any fancy features just after a standard canopy, would get a second hand one if i could find one.

Really? I thought they still did. I know there are other mobs that import them too. Where are you located?

Righto... sorry can't help you there, someone else may be able to chime in. Or try and keep an eye on gumtree or trading post...

Latest posts

Back