Free wheel bearing??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaRa

Reaction score
Any suggestions would be much appreciated can't find where to buy a free wheel bearing called every car place in town and half of them didn't even know what I was talking about

Need to replace one, it's completely had it, the right side collapsed no idea where to get one haven't had any luck so far

collapsed?
did it get hit ? you mean the outside of it collapsed or do you mean the internals ?
post a pic up if you can.

you should be able to find one at a wrecker easy enough. nissan might have new ones that will cost a heap. otherwise there is aftermarket ones.

I will upload a pic once I have the kids in bed, its like almost disintegrated.. thanks for the suggestion will get onto the wreakers Monday, do you think it's ok to drive still if we keep it out of 4x4?

Given where you live do you do a lot of beach driving?, if the hub with the lock/free is not serviced on a regular basis in salt and sand the mechanism will bind up and distruct. Just replace them with AVM hubs, they are a direct bolt on replacement and better quality than the stockers.

auto hubs are a pain as they tend to unlock when you do not want them to.
most people throw out the auto hubs and fit manuals.

also don't confuse auto hubs with no hubs. au/nz only got manual hubs. some country somewhere got auto hubs (so possibly a few have been imported), but a lot of the euro utes got no hubs.

only thing i don,t like about the manual hubs is you allways have to get out of the car [ rain / hail / shine ] to lock them in before you can use 4 x 4 drive.
but they are reliable.

Auto hubs are $hit indeed, why would you fark around with them in a D22?. In a rut you lose traction and rock back and forward the damm things dissengage.

only thing i don,t like about the manual hubs is you allways have to get out of the car [ rain / hail / shine ] to lock them in before you can use 4 x 4 drive.
but they are reliable.
Easy way to avoid that is just lock them in before you leave home haha.

Latest posts

Back