Fitting 33" tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
285/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns @ +20 offset; under a 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift with Snake Racing UCA's (not wound past 2" lift).

Inner front guard needed some massaging to alleviate some scrubbing, need some cosmetic grinder surgery to do it better.

Attachments

• Clarky-2.jpg
    Clarky-2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 433
is it much difference on take off and going up hills from a 275/65/16 to a 33inch tire? i tore a Mickey Thompson today out at wombat and im pissed off about it and want more ground clearance so I'm considering biting bullet and going for 33's but i regularly tow motorbike trailers and jet ski trailer so i dont want to sacrfice what little power the d22 has??

i didnt notice to much power difference with the 33's on. you need a two inch body lift minimum to fit them though otherwise they will scrub.

i didnt notice to much power difference with the 33's on. you need a two inch body lift minimum to fit them though otherwise they will scrub.

thanks for that, i already ordered my replacement atz today same size cause ive decided to opt for a patrol again and spend money on lifting that with tires and lockers and should be in stoppable just about, i love live axle so time for a change once again, cheers

Hi all, im have trouble undertanding alot of this. I want to run a set of 285/75r16, but i only want to do a suspsion lift. Please help what size lift? What offset rims? What panel work? Cheers guys

Hi all, im have trouble undertanding alot of this. I want to run a set of 285/75r16, but i only want to do a suspsion lift. Please help what size lift? What offset rims? What panel work? Cheers guys

If that's all you want to do. Don't bother with 33's they'll scrub when you drive over every curb and probably catch on your bull bar and you may even end up breaking something pretty badly.

But to answer your question, you'll need a 4-5" suspension lift. Which will likely set you back a fair bit more than $5k and will involve a lot more work than doing a 2" suspension and 2" body lift.

If that's all you want to do. Don't bother with 33's they'll scrub when you drive over every curb and probably catch on your bull bar and you may even end up breaking something pretty badly.

But to answer your question, you'll need a 4-5" suspension lift. Which will likely set you back a fair bit more than $5k and will involve a lot more work than doing a 2" suspension and 2" body lift.

Is a body lift legal in rockhampton qld? And how would that effect warrenty and such because i know suspension lift only voids it on parts i change, and the cv's.

How many body blocks are required for body lift? You dont find the car feel like it wants to roll everywhere?

There's plenty of threads around here about the legalities of body lifts, and how to go about organizing them. Our best best is to find ZORDO and quiz him about it. He's our resident suspension guru, and a damn fine bloke.

But yes, body lifts upto 50mm are legal in QLD, and only upto 50mm of suspension lift is legal also. So to fit 33's, you want a 2" suspension, and 2" body lift. Minimum. And then you'll need to chop out the inner guards at the front of your rear wheel well, and at the back of the front wheel well to make room for the flex with the bigger rubber.

you should be able to get the bodylift up in qld.

if not you should still be able to fit 285's, just stick to a +20 offset rim or even the stock rims which are +40. and you might have to do a bit extra guard work.

Ive got a standard 2" suspension lift both front and rear in my Navara. It has 285/75/16 mickey thompson tyres on the factory 16X7 alloy rims. ive taken the front mud flaps off and had to cut about 2"s off the bullbar so stop the tires from hitting. I havent got any body lift, just a 2" suspension lift and with the mentioned alterations i dont get any rubbing from the tyres at all. Absolutely no bullshit, i have photos if anyone doesnt believe me

180degrees: Cheers mate, yea i rekon they should too! im not sure how far back that TJM bullbar goes, but if you look at my pic, where my bullbar ends is completely sufficient room for the tires, so you would have to check the bullbar out on a car to tell or get out the old trusty measuring tape =)
Angryranga: Na mate, not at all. id say they get prety dam close but no rubbing =)

Latest posts

Back