Bashplate Drawings - Make your own

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will be having a closer look soon
for me the front needs to be longer and i havent checked mounts
i was planning on taking template to muster and comparing it with other d 22's
but it definatly is a close fit

Last edited:
Ok I got a price back for the bash plates. I have been told that if I buy batches of 5 it will cost $255 for the sump guard and $137 for the transfer guard. In 3mm stainless. Im not sure what everyone else is paying. But it does sound a bit rich. I'll see if I can find someone to make them any cheaper.

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

Ok I got a price back for the bash plates. I have been told that if I buy batches of 5 it will cost $255 for the sump guard and $137 for the transfer guard. In 3mm stainless. Im not sure what everyone else is paying. But it does sound a bit rich. I'll see if I can find someone to make them any cheaper.

Compared to the Brown Davis and Bushskinz ones on ebay that are $347 and $450 respectively for just the sump guard.

I would happily pay $392 for both guards if they're well made and fit without to much knuckle bashing and swearing.

fzrr said:
Compared to the Brown Davis and Bushskinz ones on ebay that are $347 and $450 respectively for just the sump guard.

I would happily pay $392 for both guards if they're well made and fit without to much knuckle bashing and swearing.

I'll find out is mild steel is any cheaper if people are interested.

After a quick phone call I will be able to get these cheaper.
Is it possible to send me The .dxf file? As the laser guys are using autocad and they can import it straight away. And I will be able to change it for current model D22
Thanks
Josh

Last edited:
Josh in black mild steel it will be no doubt cheaper.....just depends on what grade s/s you were quoted and the buy price the company can get if they ONLY deal in s/s.

thanks so much for chasing this up mate.

Is the min order due to nesting to min wastage ?....or just what you were told?..for eg how much 10 cost?

gazza414 said:
Josh in black mild steel it will be no doubt cheaper.....just depends on what grade s/s you were quoted and the buy price the company can get if they ONLY deal in s/s.

thanks so much for chasing this up mate.

Is the min order due to nesting to min wastage ?....or just what you were told?..for eg how much 10 cost?

It was in 304 stainless. I will be able to put up the prices for single units soon. Im just waiting to hear back. It's easier if the price is per unit as then we don't have wait as long for others to join the group buy, I will also try and find some spare time to measure my ute to see how far off the measurements are. I will try to adjust the drawings and post back up once this is done. Then we can all have bash plates. I might even be able to get a D40 to get some measurements from, for the hairdressers amongst us.

It looks like they will be closer to $200 if not below that for the sump guard I'm hoping around $160-$170 and around $90 for the transfer guard. I will have exact prices in the next day or so
the only things you guys will have to source is the fixing kit, any bolt supplier should have all those bits

Thanks Josh

Last edited:
Great stuff, look forward to see how you get on...and agree about group buys..great in principle BUt rarely get the numbers all at once..and you don't want to take on collecting the doh:sad:

hey guys, i'd be keen on some of these too! would need to get it shipped to sydney tho :)

davebo said:
hey guys, i'd be keen on some of these too! would need to get it shipped to sydney tho :)

Just copy the PDF's off the first page of this thread and take them to laser cutter close by. It's that easy

Ok I have some prices back for those who are interested.
D22
sump guard
304 stainless steel 3mm $ 210.00

Transfer guard
304 stainless steel 3mm $110.00

I assume that a Jap built will be the same price I haven't checked the sizes on my ute yet.

Jono said he would prefer me to order the bash plates so he doesn't have to create lots of accounts.

Last edited:
So they are for the Thai built models? Any pics of one installed yet. I may be interested cause that's cheap. Also where and how do they fix to? Existing holes and nuts or do we have to make a few?

RustyNav09 said:
So they are for the Thai built models? Any pics of one installed yet. I may be interested cause that's cheap. Also where and how do they fix to? Existing holes and nuts or do we have to make a few?

They fit the older D22's. I'm yet to check the measurements against my 2010 model. You will have to ask pete about the mounting points as he did the drawings.
Check the first thread for his drawings.

Hey mate.

No new holes are not needed. They use existing holes in the cross members & chassis.

If you have a look at the parts list drawing, it shows a "nut on a wire" and a "nut & plate on wire", These are used to slide the nuts down inside the chassis and cross member, then you bolt up to these. (Only used for the sump guard)

All the other mounting points use a bolt and nyloc nuts with spacing tubes & washers that go in between. Also large washers are used for the big holes in the cross members.

All the bolts/parts needed are listed on that 3rd drawing. If in doubt though, im pretty sure your can just order the mounting hardware needed though TJM without the plates (not 100% on that though).

But you don't need to alter/drill new holes, not on the Japan built model anyhow. Id suggest once the plates are altered to fit the Thai built Navs, no new holes should be needed either.

Hope this helps a little. Bit hard to see where they mount until you have the plates to align the holes with.

Will try and take some photos for you guys tomorrow, although the nuts that go inside the chassis will be a little hard to see.

Pete

Last edited:
Ok cheers for the info. I might just hang off a lil and wait till someone puts them on the Thai built model and make the necessary adjustments

Thanks
Rusty

Guys if you want me to give you a quote on cutting these for you i am happy to as i work for a brisbane based laser cutting company and can probaly do a better price.

send me an email at [email protected] and i can sort something out.

Guys if you want me to give you a quote on cutting these for you i am happy to as i work for a brisbane based laser cutting company and can probaly do a better price.

send me an email at [email protected] and i can sort something out.

Sounds good.ets us know mate how you get on.

Can you have the material pressed too?

Yer I can press it for ya I drew it up today so ill get onto it tomorrow how many people would be interested. I can do them out of any material ya like.also 3-4mm stainless (what I would use) mild or hardened armour.plate which would.never bend or break ( what I use on my truck but its more expensive.

Let me know and ill beat the priceanywhere else gives ya for fellow four wheel drivers

Yer I can press it for ya I drew it up today so ill get onto it tomorrow how many people would be interested. I can do them out of any material ya like.also 3-4mm stainless (what I would use) mild or hardened armour.plate which would.never bend or break ( what I use on my truck but its more expensive.

Let me know and ill beat the priceanywhere else gives ya for fellow four wheel drivers

this sounds good mate. why not give us a list of pricing for different metals and we can put in orders as whats to our budget? you mentioned hardened plate is this heavier then normal mild steel 3mm stuff?

cheers
Rusty

Latest posts

Back