Fuel light how many kms to empty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Benengel,

there are too many variables to get an accurate distance. Your driving style, the direction of the wind, if any, hills or flat ground, towing or not towing, city or country K's?

We had the fuel light come on about 70 Km's south of Coober Pedy on one trip early in our ownership of a YD25 D22. We limped into Coober Pedy going real slow for that last 70 Km's. I was letting it free wheel on downward slopes. I'd be surprised if I'd get that around town, or in the hills!

They are normally set to about 50km aren’t they? But, as Kev has said, there are a bunch of variables. I would want to risk it more than 50.

I vaguely recall there being about 9lt left in the tank when the light comes on, so as above, it depends on the type of driving you're doing at the time.

I have got 50kms with the light on and driving like a Nanna a few times. Didn't really push it any further and didn't want to find out.
I usually fill up with around 1/4 tank left to stop it sucking up anything it really shouldn't.

About 9.5 ltrs when the light just comes on then 7ltrs when the needle just drops to the lower mark. Fairly unwise to run it this low except in an emergency as we all know.

I'm a slow learner, left Mt. Dare without filling up another time, towing a camper - a very stupid thing to do. I had planned on fueling up at Finke, but Finke was closed, so went up the old Ghan track into AS. I hadn't considered how much extra juice the soft sand would make on fuel consumption. I had one jerry with me, which I put in not far out of Finke. I still don't know how we got into AS, but we did!

I fill up at every opportunity these days when I'm out scrub lol!

Folks....I once filled up just when my low fuel light come on yet I could only get 65 litres into the tank so still 15 L remaining, I would suspect each vehicle might be different.
As for running too low and 'sucking up stuff'....I could never understand why that would be....the intake pipe ALWAYS sucks up from the bottom of the tank...right?

Latest posts

Back