V9X Operating Temp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiezzy

Reaction score
Hi to all
just wondering what is the operating temp in the V9X engine(STX550) I just installed a new radiator as I accidentally broke the over flow/transfer tube off mine and had to get a new one everything seems to be as normal I have a EDS installed in the cab and one of its functions is engine coolant temp its sits between 79c and 85 C on a flat road at approx 100kph and up stepish hills it will go up to 96c but once up the top it drops back down to 84c to 80 c .
I do notice the temp fluctuates a lot between these temps
thanks in advance
cheers Pete

Your thermostat should start to open at 75C and should be fully open at 105C. Normal operating temps in my YD25 D40 is around 95C, the fan's viscous hub engages fully around 91C on mine.

Sounds like yours is doing fine.

Thanks Tony yep the thermo does open around 75c the viscous fan cuts in at around 98c but yep when running around normally it is between 79c and 90c
so I would say all is normal
bugger having to do that radiator just for that little plastic tube but hey I bet I'm not the only one that has done that
thanks again for your wealth of knowledge Tony
cheers Pete

Latest posts

Back