Brake Caliper Movement/Rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I did a quick search on here and on google and can't find a lot of info on this topic.

I have had this annoying clunk in the front end of my navara (04 D22 ZD30) for a while and cannot find it's location, I have checked the body mounts, ground back the lip of metal which contacts some people tie rods, replaced the UCA bushes. The only thing left on suspension to replace is the LCA bushes but they are a massive pain to do and you need a special tool to remove the pin where the torsion bar connects to the LCA.

Anyway I took it too a mechanic and couldn't produce the noise for them (clunk snap front left), it is most audible offroad when the front left wheel drops suddenly. The only thing they could find is the caliper has a bit of twisting movement, from reading I am lead to believe this is caliper guide pins at fault. To fix this, is it a simple replace the guide pins? Some people to say to remove and re-grease but I can't see how that will reduce the movement, for there to be movement the pins must be worn down or the holes they slide into are bored out.

Any one had similar problems and know the solution?

Cheers,
Shorty

Nevermind guys someone can close this thread, just went an checked the play in the calipers and it is the same on either side

Latest posts

Back