D22 DX 2009 Single Cab backlight to dash flickering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickCairnduff

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a 2009 D22 DX Nissan Navara single cab, I have noticed at night when I have my headlights on and the back light to the dash comes on, it flickers. Not talking about warning lights such as park brake, abs ect. I researched through a couple threads and people where saying the lights behind the dash go out, which I thought was plausible in my situation seeing as the age of the car. So I pullled out the trim, removed the plugs off the instrument cluster and opened the back up to find in fact there are no globes in it what so ever only leds soldered into the circuit board. Can someone please help, has this happened to you, how did you fix it, if replaced how much did it cost ect.

Thank you in advance!

Nick

Earth

Or if someone can point me to the earth wire for the instrument cluster that could've come loose or whatever. I have heard of people having problems with their dash lights after installing an aftermarket radio cause they share the earth off the aerial or something like that? I have a stock radio installed.

There is an earth point near the bottom left of the cluster. If there has been no modification to the dash or stereo it makes this less likely the culprit. It sounds like a loose connection. LED's can tolerate a variety of voltage so a fluctuation should not cause the issue you have. It may be the connectors on the pcb,or moisture somewhere.... Not able to think of anything else mate.

Cheers mate ill dig around for the earthing point just for the sake of reassurance but you are right there have been no modifications so really there would be no real reason for it to be the cause. I imagine replacing the pcb board would cost a nice dollar or two.

Latest posts

Back