Wiring in Turbo timer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi
I'm wondering how hard it is to wire in a standard HKS type 0 turbo time?r which Is a pretty basic one just park brake switch, no rpm etc.
There's a guy near me doing them for $160 fitted, or I could do it myself and pay around 40 for one off eBay , though I'm not sure if they are legit ones!
What are your guys thoughts?

Cheers

I've already got an alarm so there goes that idea, and I'm looking for something cheap, last time I looked the bogaard is around 200? Anyone used the HKS? Wired one up?

Ive heard people have had locking issues with a timer installed ie cant lock the car while timer is on. Is this still the case or has a solution been found?

Only seems to be a problem on d40s, not d22s...

As for the cheapies, I got one from supercheap a couple of years ago at least, probably closer to 3 now and its been fine, has a volt meter built in when the car is running which helps too. As for wiring, only 3 wires usually. You can connect the ground to the park brake wire if you like, that way if you take the park brake off it will kill the engine, also means park brake has to be on for the timer to work... No problems with central locking either, mine has an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser/remote locking and they work fine together...

Do you think 160 fitted is reasonable? And if I was to wire it would i wire it through 12v constant and ACC and earth is that all?, would I create a separate wiring/fuse for it or go through an existing wire/ fuse

Nope, no need for fuses, the wire isn't long enough generally. Depends how confident you are soldering, I wouldn't recommend using scotch locks as they can come loose and it will stop working... 160 sounds a bit rich to me for what it probably half hour work at the most...

They normally come with a wiring diagram anyway that is pretty easy to follow

Yeah i guess it depends if the HKS timer is genuine or not, if it is i the genuine timers alone cost over $100, if its a replica its worth about 25.
Ill look into it..

Only seems to be a problem on d40s, not d22s...

As for the cheapies, I got one from supercheap a couple of years ago at least, probably closer to 3 now and its been fine, has a volt meter built in when the car is running which helps too. As for wiring, only 3 wires usually. You can connect the ground to the park brake wire if you like, that way if you take the park brake off it will kill the engine, also means park brake has to be on for the timer to work... No problems with central locking either, mine has an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser/remote locking and they work fine together...

I know im digging up an old thread here, but how did you go putting in the supercheap timer? I've got one, but its got 4 wires.

Latest posts

Back