tyre pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckiain

Reaction score
Hi I've been doing a bit of research into different tyre pressure and have found some good info on the 4psi rule. Has anyone tried it? does it work? also have found some good info on foot print lengths to work out the best pressure, i'm currently running kuhmo 78 265 70 r16 and run 35 rear and 33 front. cheers:cheers!:

I have heard of it but never tried. If anything I run on the over inflated side. When in doubt a couple of PSI over is better than a couple under. That is for normal driving conditions on the black top.
Driving around in a ute unladen I tend to run the rear a little lower than the front by 3 or 4 psi. Which is probably contrary to the placard on the door or glovebox but it can really even out the ride and since most cars and trucks are set up to have initial understeer it can even that up to.

Yes I have and do use the 4psi rule and find it works well. However due to my own experience it will only benefit you if you rotate your tyres and get wheel alignments every five to ten thousand km's, unlike me!

Cheers Brad

Yes I have and do use the 4psi rule and find it works well. However due to my own experience it will only benefit you if you rotate your tyres and get wheel alignments every five to ten thousand km's, unlike me!

Cheers Brad

who gets a wheel align every 5-10 thou. ks?
no one i know of...

i run between 32-35 on the navara and about 28psi on the missus jeep with 33" simex pedes

Latest posts

Back