I want to hook up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
Brake controller

06 D40
I want to hook up a brake controller, so wondering which is the wire to break into on the brake switch. there is a 3 wire switch and a 2 wire switch, 1 for the brakes and 1 for the cruise control i would imagine. Just read through a previous post, mentions the red wire?

Last edited:
I will go out and have a look at mine, Eric. Pretty sure that the signal wire is the one that gets continuity with earth when the pedal is pressed - easy enough to test with a multimeter. I'll let you know.

I will go out and have a look at mine, Eric. Pretty sure that the signal wire is the one that gets continuity with earth when the pedal is pressed - easy enough to test with a multimeter. I'll let you know.

Cheers Tony, I have an old tekonsha to fit, but might upgrade. Still happy with yoiur P3?

Tap into the yellow wire.

Yeah my P3 is brilliant. I just have to make sure it's not knocked more vertically - where it's mounted, it's on an angle that just manages to sense braking performance properly. If I bump it so it's a little more vertical, it brakes the van aggressively.

Tap into the yellow wire.

Yeah my P3 is brilliant. I just have to make sure it's not knocked more vertically - where it's mounted, it's on an angle that just manages to sense braking performance properly. If I bump it so it's a little more vertical, it brakes the van aggressively.

thanks again for your info Tony!

Latest posts

Back