Chip Install and TPS question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leadchucka

Reaction score
Hey all, I installed a chip last night (No-Limit chip). All has gone to plan and seems to be working. The question i have is in relation to the TPS and when the chip is actually engaged. I assume the chip is waiting for a certain voltage to be provided from the TPS but this is only achieved at the top end of the pedal throw by the looks of it. So the only time the chip is on is when the pedal is fully pressed. Not really practical obviously and not what i was expecting. Is this normal on a 05 zd30 Nav? What others are experiencing with chip response times?

Last edited:
Sounds a bit strange. The tps wire you tapped into, does it increase voltage slowly between 1ish and 5 volts as you press the pedal down?

Ill be investigating that this weekend. Apparently support from vendors would suggest that the signal will operate differently when under load as opposed to testing with ignition on and just pressing the pedal. No support so far from the actual vendor. still waiting on jumper diagrams to change the chip settings.

Not sure where they came up with that.... the tps will work the same whether under load or not....

Latest posts

Back