New elockers....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsgooch

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just had elockers installed in my Nav. I have the diffs installed by Nerang Diffs but they don't do electrical. I installed the electrical connections myself. I can here the relays open and close when I flip the switch number how can I test that the Lockers are working? I know this is a stupid question but I don't want to find out on the side of a mountain that oh by the way the Lockers are not engaging. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Rueben

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jack up the front of the vehicle (both wheels off the ground). When you turn on the e Locker for the front diff then whatever you do to a wheel on one side the other side should do exactly the same.
Then do the same for the back axle to test the rear e Locker.
You have to watch things like handbrake and Park and 4WD setting. Also if you turn off the handbrake & out of Park will the vehicle fall off it's jacks?

I have just had elockers installed in my Nav. I have the diffs installed by Nerang Diffs but they don't do electrical. I installed the electrical connections myself. I can here the relays open and close when I flip the switch number how can I test that the Lockers are working? I know this is a stupid question but I don't want to find out on the side of a mountain that oh by the way the Lockers are not engaging. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Rueben

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Your turning that into a very capable rig Reuben well done. We are due another trip sometime. May I ask the cost of e/lockers now. I'll make sure I sitting down when you tell me.
Cheers

Your turning that into a very capable rig Reuben well done. We are due another trip sometime. May I ask the cost of e/lockers now. I'll make sure I sitting down when you tell me.
Cheers

John the lockers cost me just over $4000. It cost me 700 to have them installed and the rest is the cost of the e-locker. So the lokkers front and rear cost me every bit of $3300. I do a lot of solo 4wd and it makes sense to me. I am taking a couple weeks to visit the Flinders ranges first week in May. You are welcome to come with. Meeting up with my brother-n-law who lives in Adelaide. He has been going to the ranges since he was a little boy. Should be a good trip.

Later,
Rueben

Latest posts

Back