Factory servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b1benno

Reaction score
Who's had their NP300 serviced by a Nissan dealer?

Mine is coming up in the new year, first 12mth service (will prob be about 16-17k).

Price?
Value?
Any updates to computers?
Worth going factory or independent?

I think the standard price is around $500 for a stealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there should be a set price for service work. also you may need to have your car serviced at Nissan for warrantee issues.

there should be a set price for service work. also you may need to have your car serviced at Nissan for warrantee issues.

Hi Jonney, I've been looking around since my post. service at nissan capped at $530. That gets me oil, oil filter, cabin filter, car wash and safety check only.
I've booked an independent log book service which gets same except the car wash, for $240. Car manufacturers can't force you to have dealer servicing to maintain the warranty. So I'll go to an independent and save my money, and back to Nissan for anything under warranty.
Cheers

are you 100% sure you can go to an independant mechanic to have your car serviced and still maintain warranty ? i was told some time ago that if you do not have your nissan serviced at a nissan service centre plus use genuine nissan oils and parts your warranty will be invalid come time for a claim.

are you 100% sure you can go to an independant mechanic to have your car serviced and still maintain warranty ? i was told some time ago that if you do not have your nissan serviced at a nissan service centre plus use genuine nissan oils and parts your warranty will be invalid come time for a claim.
Only on dealership extended wty, not new car warranty ,

Good idea Benno. I just take mine to the local bloke who does logbook servicing. Only difference is at 12 months mine had 45K on the clock lol

just make sure you don,t leave the service work go too long between services , especially engine oil and filters must be changed atleast every 10k max. Shane how many times has your car been serviced in 42k. ?

Nissan claim 20,000km service intervals. My NP300 now has 90,000 on it and has never been to Nissan for a service. I refuse to pay there prices when I get mine do every 10,000km as i don't trust oil to last any longer. My services cost me $220 for everything Nissan offer.
My transmission service cost me $350 and Nissan wanted around $1000 for the same thing.

As for warranty when all the power steering oil came poring out of the power steering box a couple of weeks back Nissan didn't hesitate to send out a flat bed to take me 43km back to town and rectify the problem free of charge.

JPMC is right, although I do mine every 15k just for good measure. I think I have had 3 services. Missed the 1000km service as I did that in a week, and they couldn't fit me in before christmas

I work at a dealer and I hate guys like you lot lol it's capped at that price and we always come under it. City dealers probably don't care but smaller ones will tell you to go jump if you 1 didn't get the car off them and 2 don't get any services through them.

PS all the ones we have sold are getting serviced every 10k. Read ya book as soon as you touch a dirt road services come back to 10k

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

I work at a dealer and I hate guys like you lot lol it's capped at that price and we always come under it. City dealers probably don't care but smaller ones will tell you to go jump if you 1 didn't get the car off them and 2 don't get any services through them.

PS all the ones we have sold are getting serviced every 10k. Read ya book as soon as you touch a dirt road services come back to 10k

I've asked two different dealers if they are willing to drop their price as I wanted to go factory. Neither got back to me so clearly don't want the work. Happy to pay say $350 or slightly more for factory, but not double an independent.
Why are they being serviced at 10k instead of the book at 20k/12mths? Are they not as reliable as they should be? Or is the dealer you work for ripping us off?
I've got 17k on mine in 12 mths. Hadn't touched a dirt road until 16k.
And my understanding is only drops to 10k under certain driving circumstances , ie regularly driving on dirt or similar, not "as soon as" touching one.

its a good idea to change engine oil / oil filter and fuel filters every 10k with a diesel engine. Diesels are not like petrol engines as the oil gets sooty very quickly compared to the petrol engine oil.
with the earlier D-22,s most including myself change engine oil and oil filter every 5k and the fuel filter every 10k. i do feel 20k is along waite between oil / filter changes with the diesel engine. keep it clean.

Get a sample of you 20k old oil you will understand. 90% of navs we sell are sold are to farmers. When customers buy a car off us they get better labour rate, courtesy car, wash and priority over others. Don't put all dealers in the same basket cause we sure as shit no where near as bad as them.

Good idea Benno. I just take mine to the local bloke who does logbook servicing. Only difference is at 12 months mine had 45K on the clock lol

If you didn't service your ute by the 20,000km mark you have voided your warranty , services are 20,000km or 12 months or what ever come first ,

its a good idea to change engine oil / oil filter and fuel filters every 10k with a diesel engine. Diesels are not like petrol engines as the oil gets sooty very quickly compared to the petrol engine oil.
with the earlier D-22,s most including myself change engine oil and oil filter every 5k and the fuel filter every 10k. i do feel 20k is along waite between oil / filter changes with the diesel engine. keep it clean.

I do change the engine oil & filter in my YD25 D22 every 5,000km's or so, but am I really just wasting my time & money?

I tow every day with it, so I err on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back