d22 2.5cr egr mod???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is for emissions purposes only. It cuts them down at the cost of engine wear/life. Try find any old diesel with an egr, the ones which are renowned for running forever. Yeah none of those old bullet proof engines had them, but they were ****ing tractors which pumped out sooty exhaust haha

Thanks mate, ordering my plates now then!!

its for emissions to reduce Nox output levels. downside is reduced power/economy, but mostly adds wear. pumping sooty exhaust down the intake means the intake gets clogged up with soot. tone of pictures on the net showing it. some engines are so bad for it they have to pull the manifolds off and clean them as part of a regular service. when the manifold clogs up, you loose air flow, which makes the combustion even more sooty which compounds the problem.

Thanks for that, not fussed about my emissions so I better order some of those plates!

Hi Guys,
Have read through a few threads on this, just to clarify. How many EGR plates is the norm and what shape EGR plate would I need for a 2014 STR?
Thanks in advance.

you really only need 1 x blanking plate . i fitted a single plate [ drivers side ] egr unit end . if you look at that silver metal tube between the engine and the cooling fan / radiator , look at the left side end and you will see 2 x bolts that hold this silver pipe to the egr unit, this is where the plate takes place of the stock gasket and the plate is the same shape as the gasket. look on ebay for a D-22 / 2.5 litre egr blanking plate [ no hole in center ].

Thanks Lads, have purchased that one from the link you posted HappyJohn.
Noticed a few pages back in the thread that people use a gasket seal/paste, is that correct?
Chris

Yes you need to get some copper gasket silicone available from Supercheap Auto and Repco, it is not cheap but is what you need.
Otherwise it will leak.

Last edited:
Didn't use any sealant on mine. No leaks so far and I put blanking plates in about 6 years ago...

Sent from my 5042G using Tapatalk

Thanks Tony and Bods,
When i get it will pop it in without the sealant and give it a little run, if im still happy keeping it on will get some sealant and put it in permenantly. Really appreiciate all the info guys.
Chris

Thanks Tony and Bods,
When i get it will pop it in without the sealant and give it a little run, if im still happy keeping it on will get some sealant and put it in permenantly. Really appreiciate all the info guys.
Chris
why not just fit this plate correctly and leave it there. take it out and clog up the inlet manifold in no time plus blow heaps of smoke at the lights.

Hey Jonney, Still Got a service in a couple of weeks and want to take it out before that and if its running all good will seal it in there permanently. I don't know why im so paranoid about it not working when everyone does it, im being ridiculous I know.

I had mine in from 7000km and still took it to nissan for services. Noone said anything about it at all... the d22 only monitors that the valve is working, not whether there is any egr flow through the valve

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Nice... will seal it in when I get them. Feel like im doing it a bit late as almost got 40,000k on the clock but hey, what can you do lol. Probably changing the thread a bit here but is there anything else you can do cheap under the hood for an improvement and improve life of the engine?

Only really a catch can. They depend how much you want to spend. I have the small forefront one on mine and it works well. The only other thing I've done is fit a diesel pre filter/water separator. They aren't cheap though. I have a stanadyne one although you can get different brands. I think donaldson do one. They start at around $100 bucks though...

Hi Bods,
Looking at an oil catch can in the near future, have been searching the forum and checking out where people have put theirs in their Navs. Did you install the catch can yourself? are they difficult?

Yep fitted mine myself. Not difficult to fit, the hardest bit is deciding where to mount it. I now have a bracket attached to the factory fuel filter bracket that holds both the diesel pre filter and catch can. The pcv fittings on the yd25 d22 are the same size as the small forefront catch can

Last edited:
Hey Guys, received the blanks in the mail a couple of days ago. They look solid as a rock which is great. They were a steal 7.99 each including postage and got to me in 2 days. Picked up 2 round blanks for just in case i wanted to block off the other side, but noticed a few guys on youtube use a round one near the egr and and a diamond one further along at the other end (scratching my head)Fingers crossed will get a chance to fit one on this weekend which would be great.

Latest posts

Back