Phantoms Skull Cave

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lever

Reaction score
OK i got a quick picture of the Phantoms Skull Cave, but i forgot where it was...

Pictures taken on a trip up to Noosa on my bike, on the inland highways,
in NSW or was it Qld,
all a blur now...

Some one here may know.
Stopped on the left side off the road, and they were on the right side looking north,
clear as mud aye.

Well at least i know what direction i was traveling.

First picture is the “Summer Skull House” with a northerly aspect.

The second is the “Winter Skull Residence”, you know, for when those winter floods come...

Both of them were in the same paddock, about 10 footy kicks from each other.

Anyone seen them, or know what road, or between what towns they may be near??????

5953088253_1f8608f1a3_z.jpg

5953649274_19680766f3_z.jpg

I swear I've passed this on the Bruce hwy?

So you reckon it's on the Bruce Hwy.
Do you know the location, between which town etc.
Not life threateningly important, but would like to know the general location.

So you reckon it's on the Bruce Hwy.
Do you know the location, between which town etc.
Not life threateningly important, but would like to know the general location.

I'm sorry mate, I wouldn't have a clue. It all kind of looked the same but I swear I saw it along there because it was a change of scenery from the average dirt, shrub, road and dead kangaroo... all gets a bit repetitive.

I'm sorry mate, I wouldn't have a clue. It all kind of looked the same but I swear I saw it along there because it was a change of scenery from the average dirt, shrub, road and dead kangaroo... all gets a bit repetitive.

OK Bruce Hwy, is closer.

I would have thought that with the distinctive formation of the rocks, it would be well known and recolonized..

OK Bruce Hwy, is closer.

I would have thought that with the distinctive formation of the rocks, it would be well known and recolonized..

You'd think so. I'd have to go through my bank account transactions to find where I got fuel that could give a rough starting point.

Thanks Bletcho that certainly looks like the place.
Next time i get up that way i will know what area to start looking in...
Problem solved, thank again.........

I know i saw it on the way to hervey bay but cannot recall the exact location. I was on the bruce hway. Don't know why there is not more info on it as it stands out like the proverbial.

From this web site, just under the picture it's typed "Peak Range National Park"

http://www.exploreaustralia.net.au/Queensland/The-Mid-Tropics/Clermont

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...!1s0x6bcfbdf4f1eda92d:0xf00eef26261d680?hl=en

Just remembered the add " Let your fingers do the walking" and rang the Visitor Information

Cnr Herschel and Karmoo sts; (07) 4983 4755

Was told the rock formation ( skull ) is on the Peak Downs Hwy, between Clermont and Mackay.

So problem solved, thanks for every ones input, especially Bletcho for finding that web site which put me onto the info centre.........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back