Any mods/ preventative maintaince left to do?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
Hey guys
Looking for ideas to full my spare time and keep the beast in tip top shape.
I've done a egr block.
3inch intake and snorkel instead of the original small bend around spare battery.
Going to remove the egr tubing and re route the coolant hose in a few weekends to come.
3 inch exhaust (possibly to big :/)
2nd relay/fuse box for all accessories just to tidy things up.
Boost gauge
Egt gauge will be going in next weekend (not sure on what temp range yet)
Fresh belts

Apart from those and regular maintaince I can't think of anything else that needs to be done except for a ecu re flash one day.

Any ideas big or small will be choice

Engine in a 2011 yd25

How about a Catch Can and even a Finer Filter [ 2 filters instead of 1 ] go for a 2- 3/4 inch exhaust for the 2.5 litre .

Hey Cheers for the reply.
Yeah spare of the moment went 3inch thought bigger is better as you do, think 2.5 inch would of been sweet.
2 3/4 inch us to expensive to get in to Nz and the 3 cost to much not to use.

In regard to the catch can, are they still use fill with er block?
And any good brands or anything to beware of?
Hear your meant to put scourer in there to actually catch the mist?

Cheers :)

Provent is the brand of catch can. I have a forefront industries small one in mine and have never had a drama with it. They are a similar design to the provent one. They are still a good idea even without egr as the oil still ends up in the intercooler. I should also say, these forefront ones have a multi layered stainless mesh filter in them to help catch the oil. No need for scourers. I think the provent ones come with a filter in them too.

I also have a stanadyne fuel pre filter which I fitted too, which has a chemically treated 10 micron filter in it to help separate water. Also has a glass bowl on it.

I have an xforce 3" exhaust on mine, haven't had any trouble with that either.

Boost gauge is the go, manual boost controller too if you are going to remap it so you can increase the boost slightly to make use of it.

Egt gauge should go to 0 degrees. I have a Fahrenheit one in mine, but you can go Celsius if you want. If you do get a Celsius one, you don't need to have one that goes above 800c really. Mine goes to 1600f, but I work on keeping the egt below 1100f, which is just under 600c. Any more than that and you will start melting things. My probe is fitted post turbo. You can get some cheaper ones that only start at about 300c, but diesels will get down below 100c when really cold. Up to you I guess. My egt and boost are both autometer gauges, not sure on accuracy of other brands.

I also have a saas (supercheap special) electric oil pressure gauge tee'd in to the factory oil pressure sending unit fitting off the block, just to keep an eye on that too. Wanted another autometer one, but can't justify the $300ish they want for them...

9e982db8172f9ba751945b4aca1d3465.jpg
509e200541ea46e038d4ae2e219a3eb4.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Bods, I have the same 2 x switches as you have positioned on the right side of dash. a light bar and 2 x spots , no i didn,t copy you. ha ha.

Hey bods, Thanks for all the information like usual!
What temperature range are you running on the motorway etx? And at what temp would you start getting concerned at?
Might look into the fuel pre filter aswell

Hey Bods, I have the same 2 x switches as you have positioned on the right side of dash. a light bar and 2 x spots , no i didn,t copy you. ha ha.
I've got 4 more in the centre console holes too for other stuff and 2 usb port ones in the holes on the panel under the dash cluster...
Hey bods, Thanks for all the information like usual!
What temperature range are you running on the motorway etx? And at what temp would you start getting concerned at?
Might look into the fuel pre filter aswell
All good, I normally see around 600 - 650f doing 100km/h, which is around 350c. The old rule of thumb with trucks used to be 550c post turbo as a limit, but newer tech stuff isn't so bad. Some d40s run up over 700c pre turbo from the factory.

The biggest issue with these motors is the alloy internals. You can't run them too hot. It is amazing how quickly the egt comes up going up a decent hill though, even without towing anything.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

What about things like a bit of lift and diff locker? Not sure if you go off road much, but the difference these things make is huge. Will seem like a different car off road, so much more capable.

Sorry Benengel, thought this was in the general section, just noticed it was in the engine section. Please disregard the above lol.

Ahah no worries man.
Yeah lift/ new suspension was definitely one of the first things to get done. Made a huge differnce and will most likely get a auto lokka for the front one of these days haha.

Latest posts

Back