gearbox oil recommendations?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
gearbox oil was last done by a oil change shop around 20k ago and pretty sure they used piss water as oil and it isstarting to get stiff to change gears so i thought i would dump the oil and give her a change, however the oil castrol recommends isnt in the shop and i am not to good with gearbox oils

out of these oils which would you go for?
https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/sh...maintenance/fluids/gear-oils?segment=2&page=1

I use Castrol vmx-m 75w85 in mine. Not sure if you have that over there but as long as it is only GL4 oil and not GL5 you will be ok. I also use this in the transfer case so I don't need 2 different oils. They recommend atf for the transfer but say you can use the same manual trans oil if you want. Need about 7.5lt for gearbox and transfer so you will need to get 2 4lt bottles of it.

For the front and rear diffs I just use 85w140 lsd oil so I don't have to have 2 different oils for them either. A 2.5lt bottle of the penrite stuff is enough to do both front and rear diffs.

I will also add, there is a nulon additive that you can put in to smooth gear shifting. I've used that in mine too.

Latest posts

Back