Wombat day trip recommendation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Reaction score
My mate (in a defender) and I are heading up to wombat on Saturday just wondering if anybody has any suggested tracks to do or avoid etc? Tips tricks etc....

If anybody wants to come along let me know, we'll probably BBQ up and crack a cold one afterwards.

Cheers,

-Scott

how did u go?

Hey Ben,

We had heaps of fun! It was more fun than I thought it was going to be... Being pretty fresh to the scene my brother in-law and I had done a 4wd course a couple of weeks back which was fairly basic, so it was fun to get out and take on some more challenging stuff.

This is the route we took, to the left hand side of Lerdederg as opposed to above it.

attachment.php

Below is a video of a mate of mine in a Defender, the footage doesn't do justice to how slippery and steep the track was this was just towards the top of it. He took a slightly bad line and as you an see the back slipped out and dragged him over to the rut. The Navara walked up it....

[YT]http://youtu.be/dQJ5DkkuqUM[/YT]

Anyway, it was an awesome day, took the 3 burner and cooked up some steak sangas for lunch.. Beautiful country, perfect weather, loved it!

Can't wait to get out there again, maybe Cobaw next time.

You in Melb Ben? Done any local trips recently?

Cheers,

-Scott

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 6.29.52 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 6.29.52 pm.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 236
that's good mate.

i'm in sth east melb.
haven't been out lately.
going to take the mrs and my little fella out for some light wheeling tomorrow around toolangi/kinglake.
planning to get out a bit more over the next couple of months.

Hey Ben,

We had heaps of fun! It was more fun than I thought it was going to be... Being pretty fresh to the scene my brother in-law and I had done a 4wd course a couple of weeks back which was fairly basic, so it was fun to get out and take on some more challenging stuff.

This is the route we took, to the left hand side of Lerdederg as opposed to above it.

attachment.php

Below is a video of a mate of mine in a Defender, the footage doesn't do justice to how slippery and steep the track was this was just towards the top of it. He took a slightly bad line and as you an see the back slipped out and dragged him over to the rut. The Navara walked up it....

[YT]http://youtu.be/dQJ5DkkuqUM[/YT]

Anyway, it was an awesome day, took the 3 burner and cooked up some steak sangas for lunch.. Beautiful country, perfect weather, loved it!

Can't wait to get out there again, maybe Cobaw next time.

You in Melb Ben? Done any local trips recently?

Cheers,

-Scott

You got close to my place on your trip, only about 5 minutes away

You got close to my place on your trip, only about 5 minutes away

G'day dave,

You've probably done wombat to death then have you? Got any hot tips or fun challenges for our next run?

Let me know if you'd like to head out somewhere one day, maybe Ben will come as well. Thinking next on the agenda might be cobaw or the Pyrenees any experience or opinion of those areas?

Cheers mate,

-scott

that's good mate.

i'm in sth east melb.
haven't been out lately.
going to take the mrs and my little fella out for some light wheeling tomorrow around toolangi/kinglake.
planning to get out a bit more over the next couple of months.

Awesome! Be sure to post some pictures if you can....

My wife is not too keen on coming out on the rocky/ bumpy tracks because my suspension is running rough, very hard and bumpy ( will get a kit off Zordo soon just trying to work out what I have to do to make it all legal without removing the 2" body lift that came with the ute). So until I get that done I've just been heading out with mates.

If you're interested in a bit of a trip one day let me know and I'll get something organised soon... Any places you've got on the list you'd like to hit up?

Cheers mate,

-scott

Sorry Scott, didn't take any pictures.

Did a bit of a trip around Toolangi, all easy stuff.
Then went basically from Yarra Glen to Whittlesea via Kinglake, all easy aswell, couple of steepish sections but got thru everything in 2wd, more of a touring trip than real 4 wheeling.
It was a long time for my 9 month old son to be stuck in the car although he handled it alright.

I'd be up for a bit of a trip one sat/sun, do some tougher tracks. Ill leave the mrs and young fella at home.
Happy to go anywhere close to melbourne really, plenty places within an hours drive.

G'day dave,

You've probably done wombat to death then have you? Got any hot tips or fun challenges for our next run?

Let me know if you'd like to head out somewhere one day, maybe Ben will come as well. Thinking next on the agenda might be cobaw or the Pyrenees any experience or opinion of those areas?

Cheers mate,

-scott

Havnt been to cobaw in about 3 years. Back then you could stand up in the ruts. They were waist deep. Pyrenees is beautiful country and some real tracks dropping in near the picnic area behind the race course. Even mt cole out from beufort has some good tracks. And a camp ground

Latest posts

Back