Trustworthy Mechanics.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can i suggest listing shops also and maybe a do not go near shop/mechanic also.. I have none to suggest apart from getting nissan parts from nizzbits as i am the only one that works on my car (if its too complex a job i go see my father or uncle)

Mr Brakes 910 Howit St Wendouree, very reliable for all things mechanical not just brakes, they do exahusts, brakes and normal mechanical work.

I go to J & M Jones Motors in Morwell.

I have used them twice since I got the Nav and found them to be reliable, they remember things from last visit and the boys who work there get bush in some nice rigs. (I came across one of them on Deep Creek 1). They give good advice and even fitted my bash plate for zip.

They are also an ARB dealer and REPCO service centre. I wish I had gone there for my OME kit and canopy etc instead of the other ARB dealer in Traralgon who just couldn't get it right!

Morwell Springs also gets a good rap from a few blokes. Went there recently and got him to wind up my torsion bars (which the Traralgon mob didn't do when asked). Ray seems like a straight shooter and a good bloke. Always busy - which is a good sign - trucks, 4X4's, ambulances - all sorts.

I have used them twice since I got the Nav and found them to be reliable, they remember things from last visit and the boys who work there get bush in some nice rigs. (I came across one of them on Deep Creek 1). They give good advice and even fitted my bash plate for zip.

They are also an ARB dealer and REPCO service centre. I wish I had gone there for my OME kit and canopy etc instead of the other ARB dealer in Traralgon who just couldn't get it right!

Morwell Springs also gets a good rap from a few blokes. Went there recently and got him to wind up my torsion bars (which the Traralgon mob didn't do when asked). Ray seems like a straight shooter and a good bloke. Always busy - which is a good sign - trucks, 4X4's, ambulances - all sorts.

Haven't Morwell Springs recently closed down after moving from Commercial Rd? We used to travel there to get all the trucks fixed when the suspension sagged they were the only guys east of Melbourne who could do a proper job on trucks.

I've never liked ARB in Tgon, don't know anyone whose had totally positive dealings with them. The 4wd joint up the hill heading out of town is always a better choice, their prices are still a bit high for most things but they do actually know their stuff, they stock a lot of different brands and they are fairly good to deal with in both that business and their other related business. That being said just about everything I've ever brought from them I've fitted myself so I can't vouch for their workmanship too much but there is a few guys there whose knowledge is higher than most in the area.

Well there ya go must be the mob next door who moved around the corner and closed down. Having spent the best part of 2 days this week only a few streets away you'd reckon I'd pay more attention.

One in Geelong I won't be using again. Rally Off Road.
Nissan did my first service, then I took the car to Rally Off Road for the 10,000 & 15,000k services.
After the 10,000k service it leaked oil from the sump plug for the next 5,000k.
The mechanic tried to tell me it was oil dripping from the cross member. I told his boss that was rubbish & they replaced the sump plug washer THEY damaged at the next (15,000k) service & CHARGED ME.
At the 15,000k service the nuff nuff that tightened the sump plug, rounded the edges. Obviously used an incorrect size socket.
I am an old fashioned tradesman (Sparky) & the first regulation in the old SEC manual was "All work is to be done in a tradesmanlike manner"
Some will say I am "Anal" but shoddy work is a sign of a slack attitude & they won't get a third chance.

I thought the first reg in the SEC manual was live by the code. "Slow Easy and Comfortable"

That sort of thing really does shit me, how hard is it to find a bloody spanner the right size in a mechanics shed, it's not like Nissan make sump plugs an odd or irregular size that few people have spanners for.

The one I always like seeing is the "one size fits all" screwdriver that so many idiot electronic repairs use when they think no one is watching.

I am an old fashioned tradesman (Sparky) & the first regulation in the old SEC manual was "All work is to be done in a tradesmanlike manner"

One of my jobs last year was to inspect work done by tradespeople on a major water infrastructure project and highlight defects. The alliance agreement specified that all work had to be "done in a tradesmanlike manner". We quickly worked out that meant "however the f### the tradesman feels like doing it at 4.28pm on a Friday". Nowadays "tradesmanlike" means nothing, which is a real shame.

Dallmore Automotive in Hawthorn,Vic.
The owner and only worker Con is a 4x4 wizard and also used to be a 4x4 instructor.
Not only 4x4 but anything including major performance work on any car.
Highly recommend him.

These guys have impressed me again.

Went in for the 130k service and to fit the chip & exhaust.

Exhaust needed modification to fit - which they did and did very well.

Last service they couldn't get the gearbox plug undone so they hand pumped the oil out and the new stuff back in the plug on top of the gearbox. At the 130k service they tried a different approach and got the plug loose - even though it wasn't needed for this service they knew they would need to down the track. I told them that I has read a few issues with this on this forum and they have noted on my log to weld a hex head onto it at next service - Why - because it will make it easier for me if I choose to do the service myself.

They talk to me about my vehicle and discuss mod options. They were all having a good yarn about the first time one of them saw me in Deep Creek in my almost stock Nav. "Look at it now" was the comment form their receptionist.

Great blokes - great attitude.

BluePrint automotive Services corner or royal parade and glenhuntly road in elsternwick. thats where my nav goes for a service. they just got a little bit bigger, but its ran by Charlie and Mary. been using them for years family friends. they're mechanics are very good but still under the watchful eye of charlie. I have never had a problem with them, years of experience, and charlie runs over everything with you, what you want etc. probably too good, because I seem to never have any problems lol. except my alternator which was my own doing.

<Note> don't run down ur second battery till its dead 25 times, then expect your alternator not 2 shit it's self when its trying to charge 2 batteries.

I am trying to figure out where to take my Nav to for its 115k service. Previous owner religiously took it to Nissan Dealer in Warnambool to get serviced. I wish I had the cash to keep taking it to Nissan... but unfortunately I dont.

Spoke to ARB in Keilor and they said services start at $350 (before parts). Anywhere else that might be a good option? I live in North Melbourne so somewhere close-ish... I dont mind a bit of a drive if i know it will be worth it though.

I am trying to figure out where to take my Nav to for its 115k service. Previous owner religiously took it to Nissan Dealer in Warnambool to get serviced. I wish I had the cash to keep taking it to Nissan... but unfortunately I dont.

Spoke to ARB in Keilor and they said services start at $350 (before parts). Anywhere else that might be a good option? I live in North Melbourne so somewhere close-ish... I dont mind a bit of a drive if i know it will be worth it though.

$350 before parts??????? What The F&%k????? is it the Red Bull F1 pit crew doing the service. Tell em there dreamen. Unfortunately I have never had a car serviced in Melbz so I can't point you in any direction down there.

Ferret's 4x4 are pretty amazing. Owned and run by 4wder's.

They do everything from servicing, wiring, lifts, exhausts, custom bar work. Pretty much know all 4wd's inside and out. All my mechanical things have been done there. Am also getting him to fit the calmini lift when it comes in and also getting him to do all my bar work.

Located in Ulladulla on the Princes Hwy.

Last edited:

You could try http://www.guest4wd.com.au/ i have heard they do good work,i'm not sure on pricing though.

Latest posts

Back