Trustworthy Mechanics.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferret's 4x4 are pretty amazing. Owned and run by 4wder's.

They do everything from servicing, wiring, lifts, exhausts, custom bar work. Pretty much know all 4wd's inside and out. All my mechanical things have been done there. Am also getting him to fit the calmini lift when it comes in and also getting him to do all my bar work.

Located in Ulladulla on the Princes Hwy.

Would have been awesome if it was in Melbourne :p

You could try http://www.guest4wd.com.au/ i have heard they do good work,i'm not sure on pricing though.

They sound good, I just gave them a call and they said it will be around the $300-350 mark for a minor service. They are also booked up for a good few weeks. They sounded very confident and trustworthy. I might end up just going to them. Cheers

docp1980

Nissan's inability to properly seal and install a snorkel
Just to give anyone who wasn't on the high country long weekend trip an idea of what happened: During one of the deeper crossings of the Humffray River, my 'sealed' snorkel leaked and my airbox took in a large amount of water. I was about 2m from coming out of the crossing when the ute almost stalled, blowing out a heap of black smoke in the process. It then went back to normal and I drove it out. After shutting down the engine and pulling apart the airbox, the air filter was completely saturated and water was in the air box. Luckily, it appeared that no water had gotten past the filter and into the engine - If the crossing had been any wider, or if the deeper section had gone on for any longer though, it could have been a completely different story! After replacing the air filter (thanks again Ridgie!), the ute drove out of the valley no worries at all. After taking the ute back to Nissan, I managed to get them to agree to paying for me to have the snorkel sealed where I want, as well as giving me another air filter.

WELL, today I got Guest 4wd to pull the snorkel apart and reseal the entire thing. What they found was astonishing. There was a large gap in the snorkel at one of the joins inside the guard. In addition, the snorkel was missing a nut where it was supposed to be secured to the guard and none of the joins were sealed properly (I had previously returned the ute to Nissan after they installed the snorkel initially and asked them to seal it properly - obviously they didn't understand what this meant). Anyway, now that the snorkel is completely sealed I can actually hear the engine sucking in air through the snorkel head whenever I accelerate and I reckon the ute is far more responsive now as well. Nissan will never touch my ute again, with the exception of any warranty issues. A massive thumbs up to Guest 4wd once again, those guys know their trade inside out and actually give a shit about their customers!
Last edited by docp1980; 30-03-2011 at 05:04 PM.

I know Matty,and he's a no bullshit kind of guy.He wouldn't give a recomendation if it wasn't deserved.

Ian - you used Guests for your winch install didn't you? From what I've seen of that, they did a great job.

And matt certainly talked them up as trustworthy and knowing what they are doing.

docp1980

Nissan's inability to properly seal and install a snorkel
Just to give anyone who wasn't on the high country long weekend trip an idea of what happened: During one of the deeper crossings of the Humffray River, my 'sealed' snorkel leaked and my airbox took in a large amount of water. I was about 2m from coming out of the crossing when the ute almost stalled, blowing out a heap of black smoke in the process. It then went back to normal and I drove it out. After shutting down the engine and pulling apart the airbox, the air filter was completely saturated and water was in the air box. Luckily, it appeared that no water had gotten past the filter and into the engine - If the crossing had been any wider, or if the deeper section had gone on for any longer though, it could have been a completely different story! After replacing the air filter (thanks again Ridgie!), the ute drove out of the valley no worries at all. After taking the ute back to Nissan, I managed to get them to agree to paying for me to have the snorkel sealed where I want, as well as giving me another air filter.

WELL, today I got Guest 4wd to pull the snorkel apart and reseal the entire thing. What they found was astonishing. There was a large gap in the snorkel at one of the joins inside the guard. In addition, the snorkel was missing a nut where it was supposed to be secured to the guard and none of the joins were sealed properly (I had previously returned the ute to Nissan after they installed the snorkel initially and asked them to seal it properly - obviously they didn't understand what this meant). Anyway, now that the snorkel is completely sealed I can actually hear the engine sucking in air through the snorkel head whenever I accelerate and I reckon the ute is far more responsive now as well. Nissan will never touch my ute again, with the exception of any warranty issues. A massive thumbs up to Guest 4wd once again, those guys know their trade inside out and actually give a shit about their customers!
Last edited by docp1980; 30-03-2011 at 05:04 PM.

I know Matty,and he's a no bullshit kind of guy.He wouldn't give a recomendation if it wasn't deserved.

now im all paranoid

Ian - you used Guests for your winch install didn't you? From what I've seen of that, they did a great job.

And matt certainly talked them up as trustworthy and knowing what they are doing.

I have booked my Nav in for a minor service in a couple of weeks (earliest I could get). So I will be sure to let you all know of my experience. They sound very confident and thorough over the phone :)

Ian - you used Guests for your winch install didn't you? From what I've seen of that, they did a great job..

No i had that done elsewhere but they did do a good job and that business was recomended to me by a forum member.

I'm not associated with Guests in any way for the record,just heard some good reports.

So I just had the Nav in for a minor service this week. Dropped it in the night before and got it back by mid-day the next day. Very thorough run through of what they did. Mentioned they check everything from the front number plate to the back. Customer service could have some improvement in a few areas, cant say I was greatly impressed by them slapping one of their stickers on the back bar without mentioning it.

Apart from that, I am sure they will be the place I take my Nav to for the rest of the time I have her.

I have to recommend John at Westernport Automotive Services (Repco) in Hastings for the guys near the Mornington Peninsula. Quality work at a reasonable price. Recently the water pump on our Adventra died, John was really busy but managed to organise a tow truck and have the car back to us in 4 days. We were rapt, given there were other repairs to be done (upper and lower control arm bushes)as well and a service too. 10 out of 10.

anyone know of any good/ reasonably priced 4x4 mechanics round the warragul/ gippsland area thats knows a bit about the navs d22 zd30

So I just had the Nav in for a minor service this week. Dropped it in the night before and got it back by mid-day the next day. Very thorough run through of what they did. Mentioned they check everything from the front number plate to the back. Customer service could have some improvement in a few areas, cant say I was greatly impressed by them slapping one of their stickers on the back bar without mentioning it.

Apart from that, I am sure they will be the place I take my Nav to for the rest of the time I have her.

Hey mate do you recommend Quest? How much was the service? i need one soon for the d40 and only new to melbourne. Cheers in advance

Got put onto this guy when my nav blew itself up ..
Very helpful , quality mechanic
luke Samra : 0405535853
Located in tullammarine
Cant remember the exact name of his place

Say you were recommended to use him , an good chance he'l do you a great deal .
Has saved me hundreds over the few times iv gone to him.

Got put onto this guy when my nav blew itself up ..
Very helpful , quality mechanic
luke Samra : 0405535853
Located in tullammarine
Cant remember the exact name of his place

Say you were recommended to use him , an good chance he'l do you a great deal .
Has saved me hundreds over the few times iv gone to him.

Thanks for the tip, I'll most likely take mine there for a checkup by a qualified mechanic (I do the services thoroughly but I'm still at the 'I don't know what I don't know stage'). Worthwhile dropping your name or no need?

Cheers,

-Scott

Just say you were recommended to use him by another customer . if he asks who just say joel mcandrew ..
He was the last one in our family to go there

Thanks for the tip, I'll most likely take mine there for a checkup by a qualified mechanic (I do the services thoroughly but I'm still at the 'I don't know what I don't know stage'). Worthwhile dropping your name or no need?

Cheers,

-Scott

Latest posts

Back