What oil's are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
about 30 years ago i remember there was an external by pass filter that i believe some trucks used to keep the oil clean, it used to take what looked like a sorbent roll. the sheets not having perforated holes, has any one used this set up.
yes i had one i fitted to my VL Calias Turbo, in 1988 ,i had it mounted under to R/H front mudguard , unscrewed very easy to change the canister that held the dunny roll filter and the oil never got dirty only wish i still had that car . It was a FRANZ oil filter system ,

I have used a few of these FUEL filter systems.

Definitely DO NOT use toilet or sorbent rolls as oil filters. These filtering systems that you are referring to where used for FUEL ONLY. The last thing you want is to send degrading paper back into the engine.

By pass filters using the correct type of oil filters is fine, usually the biggest problem is finding some where to mount them.

These are FRANZ oil filters that keep your oil 100% clean ,they actually don't use a toilet roll but a roll of filter paper , If my car wasn't under warranty this would be one of the first things i would install ,

been thinking about it , came upon an article that compared oil without additives, it stays clean. with additives it immediately goes black,(not caused by carbon) its meant to , Using these filters removes the additives in the oil , so you oil looks clean again. When due for oil change, I always wipe the oil off with my fingers and give it a feel , it gets gluggy ,Thick, i always presumed it was carbon build up ( Truckies swear by them , they do the klms)

D22, zd30, fuchs TITAN ULTRA MC 15w-40 API CJ-4(i think will have to check). oil change interval 10,000km. unfortunatly the one we used to have (10w-40 CI-4) is no longer made. i would prefer the CI-4 grade over the DPF friendly CJ-4.

the vehicle with EGR the oil is thick and very black, the vehicle without EGR the oil is moderately black and has the consistency of new oil.

even at the $200 for 20l its still cheaper than what the local garages charge for lower grade oils.
My oil was always black straight after changing .Put on a catch can and l can always see the distinct through the oil. I change every 5000 and drain about 150mms out of can each time. This is the crap that normally goes back into the air cleaner and into the engine. 350000 ks and going perfectly on Penrith 15/40... dr who

SOMETIMES EBAY HAS GOOD PRICE WITH FREE DELIVERY ON ALL OILS .. AS A POINT OF INTEREST I ALWAYS USE PAY PAL TO PAY. THAT WAY I GET REFUND IF ITEMS ARRIVE DAMAGED OR NOT AS DESCRIBED. NEVER HAD TO REURN THOSE COUPLE OF ITEMS I CLAIMED ON

Latest posts

Back