4wd wont engage - [SOLVED]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonathon9214

Reaction score
I there I have got a problem with my 4wd it won't engage the orange 4wd light won't come on and the other one in the tachometer won't stop flashing and I can't hear the solenoid activating when I put it in to 4wd low I have pulled all of the plugs out and cleaned them and checked all of the relays and swapped them over and my abs light has come on at the same time as all this has happened thanks in advance

09 Stx Nissan navara Spanish model and its auto

my abs light has come on at the same time

On the front strut tower there is a grey plug. (Abs sensor i think or wheel speed) Hopefully for you, one has come undone. Check both of these. Undo and redo if needed and the follow the wires up and down checking for broken wires. They have two very skinny wires inside the wrap so are vunarable so be careful. If this is the case you will definitely be unable to engage 4wd. Haven't ever needed to locate the rear sensors but that's a start

Last edited:
Hi guys thanks for the advice it was the sensor in the front drivers side wheel well every thing is working great now thanks guys

Latest posts

Back