Aussie Super Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuthanav

Reaction score
G'day all,
I want to assist the std rear leaf suspension in my 2014 build ST-X (V6). I don't expect much from the saggy a**e Nissan setup for when i do need to hang some weight of the back of the D40
I want to know if anyone has used the Aussie Super Spring kit for that purpose.
I cant justify an upgrade spring pack kit for the few times that it would be required. Any feed back would be appreciated.

I wasn't sure about new springs on my old gal either so put a set of iron man helpers on. They are ok with a little bit of weight in the back but that's all.
I rather like the American super springs as in the attached pic.
From what I can see of the aussie version, you have to do some cutting of the bump stop and they supply a little piece of rubber to be "Super Glued" on top of the spring and I'm not sure about doing that.
Personal choice I guess.
Cheers

Attachments

• Nissan Helper spring.JPG
    Nissan Helper spring.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 197
Thanks for that Oldie.
Seems that the American product works on the same principle. If the thing remains durable and works as effectively as its design suggests, it's the solution for me.
I'm with you about the cutting of the std bump stop too, not my preference either. I'd say the American spring seems to be a better design in that area.
I haven't seen the American product for sale here. Guess I'll have to do some
digging around.

G'day Mike 1303,
think I'm going to sit on this for a while yet and churn it through some more.
If had an application which required "the real deal" solution for a complete rear end rebuild with the right AM gear I wouldn't hesitate.
The thing is this ute just rolls around as an empty ute with only the driver 99.9% of the time.Hardly gets over 90klm/hr!
Sometimes (4-5 times per year) pulls a decent horse float and pulls a plant trailer also 4-5 times a year at about 3T. The "ball weight" drops the springs from unloaded by about 40mm. Not excessive but as we all know the Nav back end is soft.
If it was doing these types of jobs even 50% of the time no doubt what I'd do.
Hence the dilemma.
Thanks for the opinions and input. I appreciate it.

Doesn't seem like a dilemma to me. New two stage "confirm" leafs.

Give John a ring at ZORDOS suspension.
He's the only bloke I talk to.
So far supplied and installed 5 kits through him, for various different load carrying requirements

If you don't want to replace the springs as Mike suggested just add a leaf to your existing ones. The rear will be firmer and probably come up 15mm. For your limited use that would be the most simple upgrade. The stock springs are still crap though.

I've been quoted US$696 delivered to my door. current conversion is about AU$964
I'll shop around for a full heavy duty rear spring job in the Perth metro but knowing the bandits here it will cost a lot more.
Will probably have to get them from the East as usual to save a ton of money.

Latest posts

Back