logbook and service intervals

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo9

Reaction score
I've now got 10,000km's on the new ute (NP300 ST manual) and the oil filter notification is up on the dashboard display.

I've read the manual and it says that there is some sort of system that tells you if you need shorter (than the 20,000km) service intervals, so I guess it has noticed that I tow trailers pretty much every time I drive it, and so has told me I need to do the oil and filter now.

That's fine with me, but It didn't come with a log book or anything else to say what should be serviced at each interval. gearbox and diff oils etc.
It also doesn't have a spot to get stamped with each service.

Did anyone else get a logbook with theirs?

I'm gonna service it myself, so I don't care about the stamps, but the service schedule is the main thing I want.

cheers.

also I read in the manual to rotate the tyres every 5000kms...
yeah, like thats gonna happen

Mine came with a log book and service schedule.
20k engine oil and filter, cabin filter.
40k as above plus engine air filter.

More and more cars these days have an inbuilt analysis tool that depicts how hard you drive and will recommend a service schedule for oil changes. if your doing alot of towing, then the normally recommended 20k service wont apply.
They are even bringing out cars now that have no oil dip stick. It is all electronic and you can even measure the oil level electronically. It's a strange new world.
Oil has improved over the years and now have long life additives in it so you can travel alot longer than the usual 5k or 10k service intervals.

They are even bringing out cars now that have no oil dip stick. It is all electronic and you can even measure the oil level electronically. It's a strange new world.

Yeah it's pretty cool. I bought a Husqvarna two stroke concrete saw and it even had some sort of optical sensor that wouldn't allow it to start if the wrong ratio of fuel:eek:il mix was being used.

Anyway I did the oil and filter change, and found that the filter is in a PITA spot to get to. have to remove under body guard and plastic front spoiler thingy to get to it (about 12 bolts) and then there are hoses etc in the way to make it tight.

Otherwise it's straight forward.

Latest posts

Back