D22 Ride height/suspension upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WJ22

Reaction score
Hi All,

My first post here so greetings all

So i've finally decided to upgrade my suspension on the D22. When I bought it last year it came with 70000KM's on the clock and a Steel ARB Front Bull bar. Its A 2012 and was pretty well looked after. The First thing I noticed though was the handling on the front end. its appalling, like I mean the body roll in corners is ridiculous, Not that Ive tried yet, but Im pretty sure ,that if i wanted too I think I could almost shave my sideburns on the tar on certain turns!! Anyway long story short,

Im just awaiting delivery on Raw shocks all round and a set of EFS 0-200kg springs. 2" lift apparently...No torsion bars as i'm planing on just tightening the existing. My main question here really would be if anyone knows the ride height i should be aiming for after instal, I mean the difference in height between the front and back. Is there a rule of thumb here, like 2'' difference between front back ect?

Sorry if its a dumb question but i'm planning on fitting these myself next week and was just wandering if anyone here had any info on what I should be looking to set the front height at in regards to the rear after install.

She currently sits at 710mm from wheelrim to arch at the front, at the back she's 735mm passenger side and 750mm driver.

I just want to tighten the torsion bars up but want the front sitting at the correct height in regards to the rear height if that makes sense.

I hardly ever carry any weight in the tray so would just be looking at a normal ride height after lift really

Appreciate any info

Cheers

WP

Hi mate. With the bullbar it wouldnt be a bad idea to put heavier torsion bars in.

But whether you do or not rule of thumb would be to raise it no more than maybe 2/3 of the way up between the two bumpstops on the control arm. It will still probably be a bit taller in the rear end with no load though. Although the rear springs may settle a bit over time. And you will want to get a wheel alignment done too.

Last edited:
cheers mate, dont know much about the bump stops to be honest, not really a mechanic or anything but i'm going to have a crack at fitting them as it doesn't look like a tough job really. ill have a good look under the front at the wknd and ill probably see what you mean.

I was told previously to make sure that i have a minimum of 700mm of wheel drop as the front is off the floor, but not too sure how much would be ideal with the bull bar.

Yea was planning on upgrading the whole lot mate but didn't bother in the end. Could always add later i suppose but I only use the it for beach driving mainly and road, was only after a bit more stability in corners as the standard shocks are terrible at the front.

Ill look up these bump stops and have a go, dont think i can go too wrong by the looks of it.

Thanks Mate

Thanks

You will see what i mean about the bumpstops when you look under the front of the ute. There is one to limit upper travel and one to limit down travel on both sides. I think stock has the a-arm right in the middle with equal clearance up and down. You can raise it a fair bit from there but you want to leave some droop.

A I see, I think I know what you mean

Hope this kit arrives soon now so I can get started

Thanks Mate

Latest posts

Back