D40 Roof mounted lights - where to run power wires?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsch993

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've got a 42" light bar on my roof rack, and was initially going to run the wire via the snorkel. After having the snorkel installed I realise that it doesn't come up high enough, and because it's basically all sealed, running wires into it might be difficult now.

Anyone here got any suggestions of where to run the wires? I'd rather not drill through the body.

Thanks!

I have a switch wire running from the cab into the tray via an existing hole behind the rear seat. The wire from the relay goes up behind the cargo barrier and inside the roof rack rail to the light. Its a little easier to wire it this way since I have the dual battery located in the back and that's where the relay etc lives.

From the Pic of your car I can see you also have roof rails so this should be doable for you too.

That could work, but there will still be a visible wire running down the back of the cab, into the cab via the vent, back through the cab out to the engine bay, then the battery.

Just seems for me that would be a longer run of cable unnecessarily going into the cab when wires are still visible via the roof.

You could possibly drop the roof lining and use a cable gland or grommet and drill a hole in the roof, maybe right next to where the loom comes out of the light bar. You will need to seal it really well so you don't get any water leakage...

Latest posts

Back