D22 STR 50mm BODY LIFT

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy222220_0

Reaction score
This is how I did the body lift on an ’05 STR Nav
I’ll just concentrate on the cab lift because the tray is a piece of piss.
Prep: Starting at the front and working back
1. Unbolt bulbar (4x 19mm bolts and 4 x 8mm nuts [splash guard] if alloy bar)
2. Remove steering shaft (4 x Bolts and nuts - 12mm and ½”, 2 bolts 12mm)
3. Remove radiator shroud:
a. Unclip lower semi-circular section.
b. Unclip top radiator hose
c. Remove radiator overflow bottle (2x 10mm screws)
d. Unscrew shroud (2x 10mm screws) and slide up and out.
4. Unclip front diff breather line (rubber hose connection under air box)
5. Unclip gearbox/transfer case breather line
6. Unclip gear lever surround
7. Unbolt tail shaft safety loop (2x 14mm bolts)
8. Remove all splash guard clips from chassis
9. Remove 2x (1 each side) white caps above firewall body bolts
Lifting the Cab
1. Spray front and firewall body bolts with wd40 or similar
2. Remove bolts one by one (14mm, 17mm & 19mm), remove the lower rubber dampeners from bottom, thread new bolts in by hand until they stop (2 to 3 turns)
3. Check any other accessories you haven fitted that connect chassis to body (dual battery, gauge wires, etc) unplug as necessary.
4. Jack passenger side up until body lift blocks can be slid between body and the upper rubber dampener.
5. Remove bolts, 1 at a time and slide blocks in
6. Grease bolts and reinstall with lower rubber dampeners (finger tight).
7. Do exactly the same on drivers side checking for anything that becomes tight
8. Go round and tighten all body bolts
Extendable steering shaft needs to be extended about 10-15mm (clamp in vice and tap with soft mallet).
I’m leaving the Radiator shroud off. Going to either drop the Radiator down 2” to match the engine or mod the shroud. (Haven’t decided yet)
Reinstall 1, 2, 4, 5 & 6 (reverse procedure)
Remove the bracket holding the tail shaft safety loop to cross member. Remove loop and grind washer off. Reinstall loop but not the bracket.
Grab a cold one from the fridge, stand back and admire your work (compulsory step)
Hope this helps someone out, might even inspire a few of you to give it ago.
Overall this was much easier than I thought it was going to be. I did this in one day by myself with just basic tools (socket set, screwdrivers, jack, assortment ring and open ended spanners & pliers)

Last edited:
Nice guide. I didnt do half of it tho when i did mine haha. Just loosend the steering shaft before and tightended it after, pulled the lower shroud straight out and undid that stupid cab brace.

gotta ask how do you guys go with your body lift and insurance ???? i have been told you cant lift them due to having air bag and still be able to get insurance i would like to do mine but that thought holds me back

has to be engineerd if you want to put it on ur insurance. airbag sensors arnt affected by the bodylift.

what do you guys mean by engineering, does an engineer have to certify or pass it or something.....

Iwas looking at this today and there are a few things i would like to ask.

1 does the power steering hoses from the resivour need replacing?

2 did you have to bend gearsticks?

3 did the top radiator hose have enough stretch in it, also the aircleaner hose.

cheers mark.

I had no drama with the power steering hoses, I did have to bend my 4wd stick because it wouldnt let me into low. The radiator hose was no drama but the aircleaner had to have a fair bit of force to get it back on. But i guess every job is different.

if you get a mark's 4wd body lift kit ya get a wicked instructions manual with pic's and suff

whats involved with lifting the tray? the body i think ive got sorted out in my head. just loosen up the steering shaft and thats about it.... maybe the tailshaft loop might get in the way? any thoughts on that? any other major things that ive missed?

and what about the rear bar? does that have to come up like the bull bar?

whats involved with lifting the tray? the body i think ive got sorted out in my head. just loosen up the steering shaft and thats about it.... maybe the tailshaft loop might get in the way? any thoughts on that? any other major things that ive missed?

Rear bars is pretty simple, Just redrill the 6 (3 per side) 2" up and it looks std. Tray is easy as. remove bolts, jack it up, put spacers in, tighten new bolts and bobs ur uncle.

Yer just rip that loop out... Tray is easy... as u can just lift it and get someone to put the blocks in... Pretty straight forward... all up took me bout 4 hours.. or so... not including lifting the bull bar tho...

man some of those bolts are a PITA!

went out and got sum ratchet spanners the day after i did it. would of made it so much easier if i had them at the start.

All done for $191. not bad. saved a bit cutting the bolcks and getting bolts my self thats for sure.

Latest posts

Back