No power to fuses

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedragons

Reaction score
Hi guys my radio front interior light and cigarette lighter socket all ztopped working. After checking out the 2 fuse boxes the one under bonnet is fine but the radio and cigarette lighter fuses in the interia fuse box have no power going to them. Is there a relay that might control them? The fuses themselves are fine just no power. These are also the only 2 in the box with this issue

Any help would be fantastic

Oh its a 2005

Tony

I would check your earth at the radio. I just read a post from Old Tony about a different problem someone was having and he was mentioning something about dirty earth and mentioned radio. Wait for a bit I would say you will hear from him shortly about your problem. He is the resident guru when it comes to electrics.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Regards Dave

Welcome to the forum.

And thanks for the nod there Dave :)

There might be another set of fuses handling accessory/cabin power. There are a couple of guys on this forum that know the D22 much better than I do and might know the culprit already.

I know in the D40 there is a master fuse and subfuses built into the battery terminal - you might check yours to see if it's one of the fusible links. If you don't have any luck I'll go through the wiring diagrams for your model and see if I can spot something common.

The earth problem on the radio might be an issue - especially if you've done some work on the radio/instrument cluster. Best way to test that theory is to simply find a good ground point in the cabin and run a wire from it to the stereo chassis. If everything comes good, make the new link permanent!

Back