Banging Or pinging noise on cold start - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidy79

Reaction score
Need some help please I have a d22 navara 2011, 2.5, it's making a pinging type noise for about 20 to 30 seconds when it starts cold in the mornings. It's only done 33000 km. Its going into Nissan on Monday would like to have a broad idea on what might be happening before it goes in
cheers for the help

It's possibly a ball bearing in the cylinder that's being rammed against the valves and once the engine warms up it sticks to the top of the combustion chamber, falling off once it cools again. It probably came out of the fuel pressure regulator.

Okay, seriously, it's more likely your glow plugs aren't doing their job. It might be a relay or fuse and that's the cheapest outcome.

Cheers old tony might try and do the glow plug a few times before starting..

very noisy till they warm up
then there still a noisy engine
solution?
turn the radio up

All good ideas guys but I'm off to birdsville and flinders ranges in September best to get it checked just to sure

So a bit off a up date on the cold noise start, we have changed the belts and the noise has stopped, starting perfectly now even when it's zero degrees overnight hope this has rectified the problem. The other good thing is I now have spare belts for my trip in September

Latest posts

Back