Engine light coming on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juz

Reaction score
Hi all, have had my engine light come on a few times on my 2014 Spain d40 and have been told it’s the glow plug relay fault. How can I fix this is there a relay I can buy and put it in myself and will it be easy to do. Don’t want to pay Nissan a arm and a leg to fix an easy problem. The code is P0380 Glow relay. Thanks guys

Last edited:
as far as i know its the only glow plug heater relay when you tun the car on at the ignition do you get the glow plug symbol light up on the dash and then go out ?
another way to test is have someone turn the ignition key while you put a finger on the relay you should feel it click on and then off even if it does this it still can be faulty don't think they are very expensive

No the light doesn’t come on at all. I ended up getting it cleared again but will try this if it comes back on thanks for you help mate.

hi Juz if the glow plug light is not coming on for a couple of seconds when you turn the ignition on this means it is not pre heating before starting which tells me the relay is not working
also there should be a fuse related to glow plug circuit worth wile checking that
cheers Pete

Latest posts

Back