EGR mod on non crd yd25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrano4x4

Reaction score
hey, can anyone help me?
I looked at all the egr threads, but my engine is a little bit different. So I was wondering where to put the blanking plate, since the egr valve is before the egr tube....

28bchz4.jpg

lbp8g.jpg

↓ If it goes in here, I have to pull the alternator out :s: ...
if thats the case any hints?
2agp8uf.jpg

thanks!

Hey mate looking at the photo from the front of the motor the goldy sort of pipe right under the yellow sticker is your best bet.

i dont think it matters where you block it, as long as the flow cant get into your intake then it should be ok

i wouldnt waste your time i got no power increase and still get plenty of soot about the only thing that may be a benifit is not putting used air through your motor

thanks for the answers... but wouldn't the egr valve collect all the crap if I block it right after it???? I think in your common rail navs, the valve is at the end, am I right??

Yea its at the end, you get maybe 5hp more power from it but the turbo comes on a bit lower in the rev range.

i wouldnt waste your time i got no power increase and still get plenty of soot about the only thing that may be a benifit is not putting used air through your motor

This mod is not a waste of time it also stops that "used air" thats full of soot from the combustion from over time blocking your intake manifold and causing the head to crack from overheating.

I just blocked mine where that pipe enters the inlet manifold. I wanted to do it at the other end where it goes into the exhaust manifold but its not worth the hassle.

Im finally doing the mod, does anybody know how to move the alternator out of the way?? I just need to lower it a little... what bolts should come out first? I don't want to f**k something up... :cheers!:

Im finally doing the mod, does anybody know how to move the alternator out of the way?? I just need to lower it a little... what bolts should come out first? I don't want to f**k something up... :cheers!:

Can't you just block the top end of the pipe? Save having to move the starter. You only need to block one end of the pipe for it to work, unless you have a cracked pipe or want to remove the pipe completely.

Can't you just block the top end of the pipe? Save having to move the starter. You only need to block one end of the pipe for it to work, unless you have a cracked pipe or want to remove the pipe completely.
yeah, it would be much easier, there are different opinions in other forums, apparently the most common place to block is behind the alternator, dont know exactly why, maybe because of the crap building up inside the valve if you block it after it.
But gonna block it anyways, so maybe I just block it at the inlet.

Last edited:
Blocking it after the EGR valve is O.K. If you dont want crud building up in the EGR valve you can probably just unplug it. We don't have that engine here so i'm not sure where the plug would be.

2mm , stainless if possible. Someone else put a thin one in and checked it later and it had corroded thru. Don't want bits of metal going thru the intake.

I used 2mm hardened stainless steel plate I had laying around which is what I used.. Was really hard to cut and drill but all done. I don't believe I used anything when I bolted the plate up into position, I never had an issue after that.

thanks guys, the mod is done, used a 1mm stainless steel plate, as 4BYFOR says it was hard to drill & cut.
Boost now comes a little bit quicker, around 1800 rpm & the crap stays out of my engine :cheers!:
11t1xcg.jpg

4rqqfk.jpg
w7mw46.jpg

Latest posts

Back